Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 23:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 [26] 27 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WC Round - Pit @ Den, Sunday 1/8 @ 4:30 PM  (Read 9244 times)
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #250 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 22:47 »

#5:  Jax, 2007 season

#4:  Titans, 2002 season

#3:  Pastries, 2001 season

#2:  Chargers, 1994 season

#1--and it ain't even close:  Broncos, 2011 season

Great job Preach.  Gotta agree with that, except I don'[t recall Titans '02 (maybe still in coma from '01 loss), so would put Jax #4.  I think the '97 Broncos maybe?  It was one of the Kordell years.

Haha this is pretty good, but Dewayne Washington running into the kicker after the miracle win over the Browns has to be up there at 4 or worse.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2012 at 00:35 by scballersc » Logged
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #251 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 08:28 »

#5:  Jax, 2007 season

#4:  Titans, 2002 season

#3:  Pastries, 2001 season

#2:  Chargers, 1994 season

#1--and it ain't even close:  Broncos, 2011 season

Great job Preach.  Gotta agree with that, except I don'[t recall Titans '02 (maybe still in coma from '01 loss), so would put Jax #4.  I think the '97 Broncos maybe?  It was one of the Kordell years.

I think that Titans loss was the kicker/FG debacle.  But I'd agree, replace it with the Denver game where it seems like Kordell tossed 3 pick 6's. 

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #252 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 08:45 »

Yeah, this one has to jump to the top of the list. Giving up 30+ yards/pass to a guy that often can't even throw a spiral.

Tim McKyer told me that Ike sucks.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #253 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 08:48 »

I don't know that I can bring myself to read this thread, just not into crawling through broken glass.

But yeah, monumental coaching fuckup(s) shoots this game to the top of the worsts list.  Easily.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #254 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 09:13 »

I don't know that I can bring myself to read this thread, just not into crawling through broken glass.

But yeah, monumental coaching fuckup(s) shoots this game to the top of the worsts list.  Easily.

Don't bother, you'd be tempted to pluck out your eyes halfway through.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #255 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 09:21 »

Bah, you guys are nuts -- the loss to San Diego in the AFCC was STILL the worst loss of all time.
That year was a shocking loss in the championship round at home, with a defense that was completely dominant that year. The Steelers were heavy favorites at home.

This loss was embarrassing, but, Denver had home field advantage at MILE HIGH, and we had many, many people out or trying to play through injury.

This sucks, but it's no comparison to almost getting to the Super Bowl that year against San Diego.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #256 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 09:27 »

Bah, you guys are nuts -- the loss to San Diego in the AFCC was STILL the worst loss of all time.
That year was a shocking loss in the championship round at home, with a defense that was completely dominant that year. The Steelers were heavy favorites at home.

I'd blocked that one out.  Stan Humphries, was it?  Still think getting Tebow'd is worse though.  Maybe b/c it's fresher.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #257 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 09:31 »

That Chargers game was always #1 on my list. Maybe I'll call that one most disappointing and yesterdays's, most embarrassing.

With the world ending this year, I really wanted the Steelers to have the final title.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #258 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 10:30 »

This loss was embarrassing, but, Denver had home field advantage at MILE HIGH, and we had many, many people out or trying to play through injury.

This sucks, but it's no comparison to almost getting to the Super Bowl that year against San Diego.

iagree

And the loss -- or at least the way we lost -- to NE at the end of the '04 season put that game in the top five for me, too.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #259 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 10:46 »

The '94 loss to the Chargers was the worst IMO. The Chargers didn't get closer than the Steeler 41 yard the ENTIRE game. I still see Neil's 4th down pass to Foster hitting the turf in my nightmares.
Pages: 1 ... 25 [26] 27 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: