Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 04:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WC Round - Pit @ Den, Sunday 1/8 @ 4:30 PM  (Read 9600 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #260 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 11:13 »

The '94 loss to the Chargers was the worst IMO. The Chargers didn't get closer than the Steeler 41 yard the ENTIRE game. I still see Neil's 4th down pass to Foster hitting the turf in my nightmares.

Wow, I forgot about that fact. Yes, that's the worst playoff loss in my opinion, too. Especially with how badly SD was blown out by San Fran -- I think we would have given them a game if we'd had the chance.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #261 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 14:50 »

Who do we cut?

Player - Cap hit 2012
Ward - 4.61 Mil (this hurts, but so is the NFL)
Aaron Smith 4.5 Mil
Farrior - 3.825 Mil
Foote - 3.6 Mil
McFadden - 2.66 Mil

All of 'em

Foote @ more than $2m?  Get 'em gone

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #262 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 14:52 »

Where would SB XXX fall on this list of misery?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #263 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 15:16 »

Meh, I can't make it top five, since we were heavy underdogs, and were not embarrassed at all.

All the "experts" gave us no chance to win against the Cowboys "dynasty." Then the Steelers made a game of it.

I distinctly remember the look of consternation on Barry Switzer's dumb face when the Steelers onside kicked and recovered.

If it weren't for the awful INT's to Larry Brown and some really money throws late from Aikman, we win that game. Levon Kirkland played out of his mind. Defense held Emmett to under 50 yards.

I remember in the post game interviews, the Cowboys seemed almost embarrassed that they had won -- 'specially Emmett. Not Switzer, though. Switzer celebrated as if he'd accomplished something big, crowing on camera to Jerry Jones some nonsense about "doing it our way!". As if he built the team or something, and not Jimmy Johnson.

What a shithead. That's the only thing that still bothers me about that game -- shithead Switzer congratulating himself.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #264 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 15:28 »

Meh, I can't make it top five, since we were heavy underdogs, and were not embarrassed at all.

Agreed. When the Steelers got the ball back, trailing by 3 in the 4th, I thought they were going to beat the Cowboys by 4...like they'd done twice before in SBs.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #265 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 15:37 »

If it weren't for the awful INT's to Larry Brown and some really money throws late from Aikman, we win that game. Levon Kirkland played out of his mind. Defense held Emmett to under 50 yards.

Yeah, I know we weren't really supposed to win, but when you aren't supposed to win, and you're still that close at the end, it makes it all the tougher to realize what we would have done of O'Donnell didn't take the day off. Plus it was on the biggest stage, so that adds to it IMO.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #266 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 16:58 »

After the on-side kick, I remember I just about knocked over two tables of food and drinks in my drunken jubilance.  A couple of hard core Cowboy fans that were there looked like they sharted in their depends when the Steelers recovered.  I thought they were going to win after that.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #267 on: Jan 10, 2012 at 09:19 »

Anybody got any extra remotes?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #268 on: Jan 10, 2012 at 11:17 »

That will be overturned.  lateral all the way

If somebody could please explain why that call wasn't overturned, I'd appreciate it.  Heard two [different] explanations and I still don't get it.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #269 on: Jan 10, 2012 at 12:28 »

The whistle blew before the fumble recovery, so the recovery could not be challenged. Fox could have still challenged that it was a lateral vs an incomplete pass, but the ball would have been returned to the Steelers at the spot of the fumble anyway. Only bought them about 2 yards of negative yardage, so Fox decided that it was not worth it. If the whistle hadn't blown, then the recovery could have also been challenged and it would have been Denver ball at that point.

Think of it this way (though it was pretty clear that it wasn't the case this time), if the whistle blows, a Steeler who may have been able to recover the fumble, may stop trying since the whistle signals the end of the play. Then Denver gets it after the whistle it wouldn't be fair to award it to them when the whistle blowing was the only reason that the Steelers weren't able to recover.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Pages: 1 ... 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: