Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 29, 2014 at 09:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letting it all hang out  (Read 336 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Jan 08, 2012 at 21:14 »

I'm just going to qualify this at the beginning:  If any of you have religious sensibilities that might be easily offended.  I'm going to tell you exactly what I think.  I don't pastor your church.  I don't go to your church.  And I hope that you won't think less of me, but I'm going to give you the straight-up uncut/unedited analysis of that debacle tonight.

1.  Giving credit where credit is due:  We were down to three defensive linemen, five DBs, five OL, and a quarterback who should not even be walking.  Tons of credit to all of these for playing their ass off even if they weren't playing well.  Especially the DL--I don't know if people realize how hard it is to play every down of a game on the D-line.  Can't fault any of the effort that these guys gave tonight.

2.  Making excuses where they are due:  The officiating tonight was an absolute joke.  The hit on Wallace, the PI on Taylor, the ongoing lack of holding calls were just absurd.  If someone in black and gold makes that hit that Wallace took, he'd be suspended 5 games.

3.  The Bad:  Our receivers did not give a great effort tonight.  Brown finally got it going at the end of the game, but they were not making plays that they had made all year.  Agree with others that Wallace is shit when the ball isn't dropped to him wide open.

4.  I absolutely love Ben Roethlisberger, but he is a dumbass.  And the coaching staff allows him to be a dumbass.  Never should have played at SF, maybe shouldn't have played in CLE. And he has to be smart enough to dump the ball off at the end of the game and get 15 more yards so we at least have a shot at a FG.  My gosh, we needed 15 fucking yards to end that bullshit.  Coaches need to let Ben know exactly who is in charge and tell him when he can play and when he needs to sit his fat ass on the bench.

5.  It's never going to happen but I will still say it:  Bruce Arians is the worst fucking coach in the NFL.  QB can't move and you go empty set.  Redman running wild and he barely touches the ball last series.  All you had to do was run the fucking draw to the left when you have it 1st and 10 at the Denver 45.  15 yards, time out, kick FG, win game.  
     That douchebag Simms said, "I don't know why Bruce Arians never gets interviewed for any of these head coaching positions."  Um, because everyone knows he's an dumb fucking idiot.  Empty set with a QB who can't move?  And quitting on Redman when he's running through everyone?  If he was worth a shit, he'd be somewhere else already.  SB-winning coordinators don't stay put if they are any good.

That's about all I can muster for tonight.  I'm sure I'll take serious abuse on the show tomorrow.  But let me say this:

My opinion on Tim Tebow as an NFL QB has not changed.  He's not that good, and he is not the long-term solution for Denver (or any other team) at QB.  Unless he changes, he isn't going to be a franchise QB.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 22:27 »

1.  Giving credit where credit is due:  We were down to three defensive linemen, five DBs, five OL, and a quarterback who should not even be walking.  Tons of credit to all of these for playing their ass off even if they weren't playing well.  Especially the DL--I don't know if people realize how hard it is to play every down of a game on the D-line.  Can't fault any of the effort that these guys gave tonight.

Missing/injured starters/others:

A. Smith
Hampton
Kiesel
Woodley (at 50%)
Clark

Mendenhall
Pouncey
Ben (at 50%)
Me. Moore
Starks

Miss anyone?                           

Kinda hard to do much with this.  And still we had a shot.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 22:49 »

1.  Giving credit where credit is due:  We were down to three defensive linemen, five DBs, five OL, and a quarterback who should not even be walking.  Tons of credit to all of these for playing their ass off even if they weren't playing well.  Especially the DL--I don't know if people realize how hard it is to play every down of a game on the D-line.  Can't fault any of the effort that these guys gave tonight.

Missing/injured starters/others:

A. Smith
Hampton
Kiesel
Woodley (at 50%)
Clark

Mendenhall
Pouncey
Ben (at 50%)
Me. Moore
Starks

Miss anyone?                            

Kinda hard to do much with this.  And still we had a shot.

No mention of Hoke, which may have hurt us most of all after Hampton went down.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 08:44 »

Legursky played through a shoulder injury and Keenan Lewis with a hammy.  Cortez Allen was a nice dime player and ST gunner down the stretch, inactive due to injury.  Kemo wouldn't be a starter if Legs hadn't been in for Pouncey.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: