Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 08:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the best possible matchup?
NYG vs NE - 5 (55.6%)
NE vs SF - 0 (0%)
SF vs BAL - 0 (0%)
BAL vs NYG - 4 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote for the Super Bowl Matchup  (Read 1381 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jan 16, 2012 at 21:07 »

• I believe the best matchup would be NYG vs NE , The Rematch.  And may the Patsies lose again. 
  • The most obnoxious would be the Harbaugh Bowl, SF vs BAL. 
  • Of least interest would be BAL vs NYG, The Rematch That Ain't Really a Rematch Because It Has Been Too Long.
  • Meh Bowl:  NE vs SF.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012 at 21:09 »

Extra media angle:  Manning wins (family best) second in Peyton's Place. 

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012 at 21:10 »

Extra media angle:  Beardy loses two Super Bowls.  Is he done?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012 at 22:40 »

Nobody asked but I voted for the NYG Baltimore rematch of that famous Trent Dilfer Kerry Collins shooutout.

I hate the Patriots more than any of you could ever fucking know.

Baltimore fans have been tolerable to me in person. In fact when we choked away homefield here I walked down the ramps with a couple who sat near me and heard all kinds of ridiculous BS being hurled their way. Quite unfair to them. I go on the road and that shit sucks. I came out of the bathroom to see this absolute beauty getting harassed by three teenage drunken college boy jousters. This chick was a 9/10 and the only flaws I could see were her Ratbird jersey and that she was talking. I told those kids to fuck off. She thanked me and asked to take a pic but I told her I couldn't have that going around because I have ten-billion posts on MGS so she gave me as passionate a "thanks, stranger now get thee fuck away from me" kiss as you see in the movies. So...I'm cool with them winning for their lonely, desperat....err their fans.

Still hate Harbaugh though. Hate his brother too. I suffered irreversible damage watching the Thanksgiving game pre game because my extended family can't change the fucking channel. "haahwcomesTroy wasn't in that video?!? "because he's a Steeler?" "whattabaht dat Rodgers he ain't playin either?!?" "that's Alex Smith". The Harbaugh family are dicks. Moreso even than my family.

Plus we can't have the Niners get their sixth. That will cripple the Strip District economy of illegal tshirts featuring "got six?!?" slogans.

I won't make a post about the Patriots. You know how I feel.

The Giants cost me some big bucks on Sunday. Plaxico isn't around anymore. Jacobs may be my favorite non Steeler in the league since Moss and Warrick Dunn retired. Coughlin may burst a blood vessel and die opening a role for Coach Cowher to come back and please please hire me.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2012 at 06:48 »

Some random thoughts...

- Alex Smith is like Smirky Rodgers 2.0, Jim Harbaugh is such a tool and we don't want them to get #6. Other than that, I'd be rooting for them.
- Couldn't handle Brother Bowl (racist) after the Thanksgiving pre-game. "I can't imagine a more difficult situation for a parent" or something like that.
- Flacco looks to be the shittiest of the final four QBs, right now, and I think I'd like to see him soil himself, yet again.
- Really, I'm just praying the Giants somehow can win it all.
- I'd rather have Flacco not get a sniff of the SB and have Brady lose another one, because you know if the Ravens get there and lose, guys like Jaws will be talking about how JF is knocking on the Elite door.
- If it should be the 49ers and Ravens - I'm rooting for al-Qaeda.

Kept saying, "Even if the Steelers somehow made the SB, they'd most likely be getting torched by the Packers or Saints."  Huh?
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2012 at 11:42 »

- If it should be the 49ers and Ravens - I'm rooting for al-Qaeda.

Wow...So wrong, but I have to admit I L(ed)MAO.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2012 at 11:47 »

Pretty sure a Patriot/Ravens AFCC game has been the basis of many a nightmare of mine.

That's like picking between...um, it's like having to decide if you'd rather...uh, there really is no comparison.  Either choice is a novacaine free root canal.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2012 at 12:43 »

To me, it comes down to QBs, and how I want everyone's legacy to stack up with Ben's. A petty and homerist outlook but I can't help it.

Objectively, in terms of the team I dislike the least, I'd be rooting for the Giants. I like watching them play, as I like any team that can make a pretty boy QB look confused and pissy. And I respect the very underrated Tom Coughlin, who's quietly put together a nice of set of big-time playoff upsets (none of them at home), stretching back to his Jacksonville days.

But as for the QBs:

* If Eli Manning wins another one, he's got two and Ben's got two. Moreover, Eli will have gotten his two against an undefeated team and possibly either a great defense or the Brady/Belichick pats. That would put him above Ben in most people's eyes, I think. Can't have that.

* If Brady wins, it's his fourth. Uck. For obvious reasons this can't be allowed to happen.

* If Whacko Flacco wins, he's all of a sudden "one of the elites" and I'd prefer he retire with nary an appearance in the Super Bowl. Plus I just want Balty fans to suffer as much as possible, and to understand that their team's history is not on the same planet as Pittsburgh's.

* Alex Smith. If he wins one this year, it will be his last, so who the fuck cares. He can be this year's Doug Williams. Plus, I have to admit I kind of respect the way they play the 3-4. Watching Brady get lit up by the Smiths or Willis would be a fucking treat.

So in order of preference:
- SF wins
- NYG wins (maybe somehow with their backup QB in the game, whoever the hell that is)
- NE wins (yes I prefer Brady win his fourth than Flacco win one)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2012 at 12:26 »

Unanimous NYG vs Patriots over at CBS:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2012 at 19:51 »

To me, it comes down to QBs, and how I want everyone's legacy to stack up with Ben's. A petty and homerist outlook but I can't help it.

For me, franchise legacy >>>>>>>>> one player.

Do not want Pats to get #4 in Brady's tenure, because that gives them 4 in one "era," status currently only held by 70s Steelers and 80s Niners.  Plus Pats clearly #1 on most hated list.

Ravens - division rival, so not a fan of them winning.  Only gives them 2, but still...

Niners - going for #6 - they were tied or ahead of Steelers for almost 20 years - want them to stay in rear view.

So that leaves Giants.  They'd only have 4, and spread out so far nobody gives much note.  Eli's rep ironically passes Peyton.  Big bro with all the accolades and records, little bro gets the rings.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: