Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 02, 2014 at 03:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Offensive Coordinator search  (Read 1939 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2012 at 11:41 »

What about GB QB coach Tom Clements?  Didn't he have a stint for the Steelers?

GB's OC is now HC in Mia, so scuttle is Clements may move into GB's OC spot.

OK?

Yeah, Clements is one of the guys I suggested and probably my favorite outside prospect at the moment.  I would think if he's gonna move into an OC position and not HC position, it would be for GB.  If he goes outside the organization for an OC job, I would hope he bases his choice on the team's prospects for success.

What has me a little concerned is that there hasn't been a lot of specific candidate talk.  Lotta teams out there jousting with candidates.  Any team that takes a passive approach ends up with crumbs.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2012 at 12:08 »

What has me a little concerned is that there hasn't been a lot of specific candidate talk.  Lotta teams out there jousting with candidates.  Any team that takes a passive approach ends up with crumbs.

Just got rid of a crumby one.  Get on the ball, FO people!  Tomlin!  Whoever will make this hire!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2012 at 08:56 »

Mark Mangino?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2012 at 09:16 »

Mangino Bear?  He could keel over at any moment.  But he was a great offensive mind IMO.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #24 on: Feb 02, 2012 at 09:58 »

This is an interesting view from http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/2/2/2765942/afc-north-offensive-defensive-coordinator-steelers-ravens-browns#storyjump:

Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer wrote Thursday morning Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is considering former Steelers CB Rod Woodson for the secondary coaching position left behind by Coyle.

Perhaps that's in response to how well Steelers secondary coach Carnell Lake did in 2011. Woodson and Lake played together in Pittsburgh in the 1990s, when both were All-Pro players.

Part of Pittsburgh's reason to wait could be explained by the franchise having its eye on a coach from either of the Super Bowl participants (Giants WRs coach Mike Sullivan, perhaps?). It could also be they're waiting to see whether running backs coach Kirby Wilson, who was tragically injured in a house fire in January, is able to coach in 2012. We put out a thought on how it could be because they're waiting on Packers QBs coach Tom Clements to decide whether he'll stay in Green Bay.

Due diligence may suggest all of these factors come into play.

I am hoping for Clements.  This would explain why we are bring in people that everyone knows we have no serious interest in.
Pain

« Reply #25 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 16:11 »

Reports out of K.C. on 610 am are that it's Haley. I can live with that; I hope.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #26 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 16:16 »

Yep it official. Mom Brinker just called and heard it in Pittsburgh on 93.7 the fan, it's Haley.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Pain

« Reply #27 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 16:23 »

Radio guys here are slaying the Chiefs for the alleged wire-tapping and overall treatment of Haley while he was here. Justifying that if the Steelers would hire Haley, there must be some truth to his allegations and that the Chiefs FO is full of Tyrants and Bullies. Chiefs fans are up in arms about the whole thing. It's hilarious.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: