Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 18, 2014 at 12:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Bowl XLVI - Giants @ Pats  (Read 1616 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 03, 2012 at 15:10 »

Absolutely kills me to post this message in the "NFL" instead of the "Gameday" section.

When I first saw the line set at Giants (+3), I immediately said, "NY, easy."  After thinking about it for a bit, I started to feel that it was a huge tease by Vegas into getting the public to bet on the Giants.  Everything seems to scream NY with that number; Giants are the hotter team, they're healthy, Gronkowski hobbled, Giants passing game strength plays into the Patriots secondary defensive weakness (Edelman guarding Cruz, Nicks or Manningham?  HA!), Giants can get after QB like no other right now and Brady hates pressure, etc., etc. 

Naturally, all of those things led me to question my initial gut choice.  It started to feel like they're just daring you to take the Giants.  Vegas knows something.  So, for the last week and a half, I went over to the dark side and favored the Pats.  As the game approaches though, I keep going back to a lot of the things I mentioned above.  Really, other than the Brady/Belichick "revenge factor" (which happens to be limited to a select few that still remain from that squad) and the Hooded One's propensity for getting a team ready when he's got an extra week to prepare, there isn't much else that builds the case for New England.

All of that brought me back to the Giants (+3) which is where I think I'm going to stay.  I've been running decent in the playoffs (7-3 ATS) and I'm hoping I can finish it off with one more win.  I like a few of the prop bets too ---- (Over 3.5) amount of times you'll see Peyton's face (not counting commercials, video interviews, etc.) and getting 2:1 for taking the Giants (-3).

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2012 at 16:18 »

Giants 27 Pats 24

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2012 at 17:54 »

Are we not due for a SB blowout?

Giants by 3 TDs would be glorious!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2012 at 19:43 »

Gronkowski's injury... still not convinced he's 100% (healthy).  That would be a huge blow (100%). 

Gottlieb noted that the Pastryettes have beaten one (1) team >0.500 this entire year, including the post.  That's fucking amazing.  Pastries suffered against good defenses, lost to teams with good defense and an offense that could, unlike say the fucking Doncos, get some points up.  Giants?  Check and check.

Something in my gut says Pats get some quick early points, cheap shit against permeable secondary, but the Gmen clamp down and harry Beardy, and Pats D has no answer for Nicks and Cruz, et al.  Patriots won their dynasty/gate bowls by all of 3 each go, and unless Eli reverts to 100% cupstacker I think the odds of Patriots blowout to odds of Giants blowout are low, low, low. 

Why is Vegas holding at Pats -3?  Cuz people wanna believe, man, it's easy money from mucho suckers.  Vegas stands to earn a fucking mint this year.  People want to invest in the Golden Girl, the Genius.  I heard how relaxed the Patriots are this time as opposed to the "perfect" season, well, yeah, Steelers were relaxed and lost to the Pack, so who fucking cares.  I'm betting Beardy goes all Fukushima.  Seriously, you're Belichimp, you draft a QB to play WR and then convert him to DB because your secondary is as soggy as thrice-used Depends?  Even everyone's favorite mouth-breather Elle could dissect that shit.  Ben was 36-50-365-2 against this secondary.  I expect Elle to go 300+ and probably 3 TDs.  Plus Beardy is a cunt.  That fucking clefter is gonna toss 2 INTs, maybe more, or my Kashi shits don't stink.

Giants 35, Beardiots 27, blowout with some cheap shit from the Pasties late to seem respectable

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 17:09 »

I live in NYC and this is a lose-lose for me.  On the one hand you have Beardy-Belicheat, on the other hand chirpy NY fans who forget that they were ready to fire their coach a month and a half ago.

All I can hope for is a Giants win where Eli plays horribly.  If I'm lucky my buddy Paul will make some good nachos......  Sad

If we had a half decent O-line we would be favored over either of these teams.  I feel like Arians + whoever is responsible for putting a serviceable oline on the field has robbed us of some all time great teams.  We will never get the past few seasons back.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 17:20 »

I got some really good squares, so there's that.  Go Big Blue!  I mean, since they both can't lose.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 17:38 »

If I'm lucky my buddy Paul will make some good nachos......  Sad

Flautas and chalupas.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2012 at 19:47 »

I'm gonna need a Beardy pick 6 here. 

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2012 at 19:47 »

OK, sack on 3rd and 8 is better than nothing.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2012 at 19:51 »

I won the first two quarters on squares.  That's right, I'm bad.  Need a TD by the Giants to close out the 3rd for 3 straight.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: