Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 23:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Hines - Cut  (Read 492 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Feb 29, 2012 at 16:43 »

Just retire big guy. The NFL network would seem like a logical landing place.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 29, 2012 at 18:24 »

He'll always be one of my all-time favorites, but it was clearly time for him to go.  He had little to offer the team last year and with the talent this team has at receiver, there just isn't room for him anymore.

I really hope he decides to retire, but he's already said he plans to play next season.  It's not going to feel right seeing him with a different team, but at the same time I'm glad the Steelers didn't keep him for that reason alone.  We need all the cap help we can get and I'm assuming this release means he wasn't cool with restructuring.

Good luck and thanks for the memories 86.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
koehla
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2012 at 20:03 »

We need all the cap help we can get and I'm assuming this release means he wasn't cool with restructuring.

There are other ways to cut, and Hines has said before that he was willing to take a pay cut and that he was also fine with not starting.  

BTW - This is from his Twittter page tonight... "I did everything in my power to remain a Steeler and finish what I started here 14 years ago."
« Last Edit: Feb 29, 2012 at 20:07 by koehla » Logged
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 29, 2012 at 20:32 »

We need all the cap help we can get and I'm assuming this release means he wasn't cool with restructuring.

There are other ways to cut, and Hines has said before that he was willing to take a pay cut and that he was also fine with not starting.  

BTW - This is from his Twittter page tonight... "I did everything in my power to remain a Steeler and finish what I started here 14 years ago."

He kind of has to say that.  But if he thinks he can earn more money some place else, he has to do what is right for him and his family.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2012 at 06:34 »

bs

Unless he wasn't willing to take a vet minimum deal...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2012 at 09:50 »

Everything from him was always about wanting to be with the team, finish a Steeler or restructuring.  I think him and his family are fine financially and he knows a coaching or broadcaster job is waiting for him somewhere so you have to wonder why this happened.  It's like Rod Woodson in that Ravens jersey at the end of his career.  just isn't right.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2012 at 13:44 »

It's like Rod Woodson in that Ravens jersey at the end of his career.  just isn't right.

or like Franco in a Seahawks jersey. Retire a Steeler, Hines!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2012 at 11:04 »

Can't find the article, but even at the vet minimum Hines would have been "overpaid" for the role he would have played.  Has to do with the roles the Steelers have for WRs in certain slots.  Where HW would be is typically reserved for someone who also plays ST.

I do not want to see Hines Ward on ST, even if he's willing.  The we he plays and shots he takes/delivers, his brain will probably be a candidate for a concussion study one day.  Not trying to be morbid, but I want to see him step away from the game while he can still walk and put together a coherent sentence.  He's given all that he has for the organization and the game.

He needs to retire as a Steeler hero.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2012 at 08:34 »

He needs to retire as a Steeler hero.

He'll be a Steeler hero whenever he retires no matter who he goes to play for next year.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: