Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 03:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peyton Sweepstakes  (Read 657 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 09, 2012 at 11:23 »

About a week or so after Manning broke the Internets with his announcement, we still don't know where he goin'.

My guess is My Hammy...maybe KC.

Don't see him going to NY and competing/sharing the spotlight with his brother.  People still keep talking about Houston making a play and shipping Schaub someplace else.  Kinda risky, considering he's no slouch.

Supposedly, he wants to stay out of the NFC.  Still think SF would be an ideal spot, but not sure if he could deal playing for that blowhard, Harbaugh, who always wants to be the center of attention.  I think he would actually be irritated if the limelight fell on Manning instead.

Seattle would be interesting.  Don't see Arizona.

WUG?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pain

« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2012 at 11:28 »

I live in the K.C. area, and people here are going nuts over the idea of Manning coming here. Considering they have Charles, Bowe, Moeaki, and a sound defense, and a weak division, I think it's more than a 50/50 chance. If I were him, I'd want to come play here rather than Miami, Arizona, or NY. He's a small town kinda guy, K.C. has a small town kinda feel. My money is on K.C.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2012 at 11:31 »

I live in the K.C. area, and people here are going nuts over the idea of Manning coming here. Considering they have Charles, Bowe, Moeaki, and a sound defense, and a weak division, I think it's more than a 50/50 chance. If I were him, I'd want to come play here rather than Miami, Arizona, or NY. He's a small town kinda guy, K.C. has a small town kinda feel. My money is on K.C.

All time greats do seem to like going there to finish things up.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2012 at 12:16 »

Cards, if they can jigger Kolb's deal.  Take Wayne with him, Wayne + Fitz = Manning wet dream.  Might even be able to bring Garcon and Clark.  Doesn't matter that the OL sucks with PM's release time.  Weak division, which matters (SF excepted).  Dome.  Nice climate for living.  JMO.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2012 at 13:54 »

I was thinking maybe Cards too, just because of the dome and Fitz.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2012 at 14:04 »

AJ needs to know so he can fix his fantasy keepers.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2012 at 14:11 »

AJ needs to know so he can fix his fantasy keepers.

For the first time in quite a few years, I've gotta problem with having too many quality keepers.  That's assuming Manning is close to 100%, of course.

Edit:  When you're ready to trade up to a real QB, I'm willing to swap Newton for Foster.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2012 at 14:16 by aj_law » Logged

Pain

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2012 at 09:12 »

"The Seattle Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs have failed in their attempts to get Manning to visit their facilities and are no longer considered contenders for the quarterback, sources said."

Goes to show what I know...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7674669/peyton-manning-meets-arizona-cardinals-sources-say-no-contract-talk

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 11:23 »

So, Denver it is.  5YR/96MIL.

Might seem like a lot, but I'm sure it's backloaded somewhat.  Assuming he's even 75-80% of his former self, they become an instant 10-11 win team contender.  Phirrip Livers must be ecstatic.

San Fran really screwed the pooch on this one.  Still say they would've been the best fit and they clearly could surround him with the best team (on paper), but as several here have intimated, Harbaugh likely would've clashed personalities with him.  By choosing a coach over a great QB, they likely cost themselves a realistic shot at the SB in the next few years; bringing Smith back will all but guarantee that.  Not to mention the fact that it's a lot easier when teams aren't gunning for you.  The 2012 Niners will be directly in the crosshairs of every team on their schedule.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: