Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 23:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rams strike it rich, Skins get RG3  (Read 1702 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 10, 2012 at 07:19 »

In order to get RG3, the Skins moved from 1.6 to 1.2 by sending the Rams their 2012 R1 and R2, their 2013 R1 and their 2014 R1.

I like RG3 a lot, but fuck.

Rams should rebuild quickly.

:hershelwalker:

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2012 at 08:33 »

And this is why the Skins will never amount to shit: awful management.  Snyder must be such a mega-tool as to defy the laws of mega-toolness.  For that matter, the Redskins and Cowboys (how ironic?), such tradition-laden franchises with owners who allegedly want to win but fail so miserably and so consistently after going through coach after coach, system after system (man this sentence is in real trouble, think I'll wrap it up here) - Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder are clearly douche-soaked ass-hats of the highest order.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2012 at 10:48 »

Unbelievably bad deal.  Maybe Snyder thinks he'll have plenty of cap space to sign FA's since his roster will stocked full of fifth rounders and UDFA's.

Don't know what their cap sitch is, but wouldn't this make them a player for Wallace?   WTF else is gonna catch the ball?  Santana Moss is like, 53 now.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2012 at 14:44 »

RG3 looks like a great prospect, who will never have the kinds of young talent around him to see his career or the Skins grow.  Too bad for him; fuck the Skins and Snyder.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2012 at 21:59 »

Not sure why anyone would think Griffin could be the one guy who can come into the pros playing some playground style ball driven by athleticism when it's never worked before now. He's better than Vince Young? No way no how. The comparisons/debate with Luck are insane if you ask me.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2012 at 22:00 »

Not to go all racist!!!1!! But that White kid from Oklahoma put up pretty spectacular numbers in the big 12 too. Don't remember what ever happened to him after stealing Larry Fitzgerald's Heisman.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 03:09 »

Not to go all racist!!!1!! But that White kid from Oklahoma put up pretty spectacular numbers in the big 12 too. Don't remember what ever happened to him after stealing Larry Fitzgerald's Heisman.

Man, jonzr's gonna be mad at you.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 13:31 »

Worst trade ever!  bawahahahaaaa

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 17:16 »

Sorry, would've responded sooner, but I've been on the phone with Danny Snyder.  He was like, super interested in this beachfront property that I own in Nevada.  He just had to have it.

If RG3 is smart, he pulls an Eli on those clowns.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 17:39 »

If RG3 is smart, he pulls an Eli on those clowns.

Biggest difference b/t RG3 and Vince is that RG3 actually IS smart.  Much more intelligent, stable, better decisions.

Still, huge gamble to move up to get him.  Wash still has about 36mil in cap space and still has 2-7 round picks in 2013-14.  They'll have to spend a lot on WRs and OL to help the guy be successful--and I'm not sure that Shanarat has the potential to actually develop a QB.

And, of course, it's all assuming that Snyder and Shanarat can actually make some GOOD decisions on FA and draft picks.  This is the same tandem that paid Haynesworth and drafted Clarett.

Loser in this scenario is Cleveland.  They had plenty of picks to spare from the ATL trade last year, could've moved up and basically not regressed in the draft.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: