Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 06:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone ever buy a vehicle off eBay?  (Read 352 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 13, 2012 at 11:27 »

Positive or negative experience? 

The daily commuter (old Honda Accord) is on its last legs and I'm considering getting a new (read: used) car instead of dumping more cash into the relic. 

I'm thinking about upgrading my driving experience a little and getting a VW GTI.  Found a few nice ones on eBay; one that I really like has no reserve.

Any tips or recommendations?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2012 at 14:45 »

Found the Chrysler on eBay, but did the deal in person (dealership).

I'd guess the buyer has a reserve...in his mind. Sellers often refuse to sell items, because the item didn't reach a price they wanted. They avoid using a reserve because it tends to scare away bidders and there is a fee involved. Or they may just shill their own auction, to reach their 'reserve'.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 08:24 »

I don't have any personal experience, but I know a couple of people that have done this.  One had a vehicle shipped to CO from Vermont or somewhere out yonder.  A close friend bought bought a suburban off ebauy from a dealership in Texas.  He and his wife flew down there and drove it home.  It was significantly less even with some airfare and gas.

Both of those were with dealerships tho.

My last vehicle purchase was with a broker.  The broker is the brother of someone I know pretty well, which really helped my comfort level.  It was the best/easiest vehicle transaction I have ever had.  He got the vehicle from a dealership, and negotiated the price with them, for me.  Also gave me $2,500 more on my trade in than the dealer, and I didn't have to argue with him for 2 hours.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: