Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 13:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Mendenhall done?  (Read 548 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 19, 2012 at 23:01 »

In article bound to please some posters here, pft (pronounced "pfft") thinks so:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/mendenhall-may-have-played-last-snap-as-a-steeler/

My favorite part of the article:

His development in the passing game has plateaued in recent years, and on several occasions last season the Steelers’ offense operated more smoothly with Isaac Redman in the backfield.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 07:57 »

That's tough for Mendy.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 09:19 »

I can see both sides to it, frankly.  I've supported him, but also been frustrated by some aspects (ball security, dancing, lack of bull strength).  At the same time, there's the chicken-and-egg aspect with the line.  He's got some franchise aspects to his game that none of our other backs do, including speed and, IMO, receiving (if a damned OC would care to, whatever).  I think the Mendy-Redman tandem could be a great one, one of the best, but I'm not convinced Redman as lead back with some COP speed kid like Paed is a solid ticket. 

Since they didn't cut him outright, do they think they have trade value?  A team could see him as a reclamation project, sign him to a long-term deal on the cheap post-trade, and get a young guy with most of his career ahead.  Course, the FO sucks ass when it comes to getting player trade value and just usually telegraphs that they're about to dump a guy, so. 

I'd see if we could swap RBs with Carolina.  They just signed Tolbert and also have D. Williams, Stewart has injury issues too and 1 more year on his deal as well.  Mendy could go PUP or IR and then be part of the speed tandem; Stewart here would be happier getting more of the load.  I'd add a late rounder to the mix.

Or just see if a team has interest on draft day and get a pick.  Always mid to late round value at RB.  Fungus-ability.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 09:32 »

I'd see if we could swap RBs with Carolina.  They just signed Tolbert and also have D. Williams, Stewart has injury issues too and 1 more year on his deal as well.  Mendy could go PUP or IR and then be part of the speed tandem; Stewart here would be happier getting more of the load.  I'd add a late rounder to the mix.

Carolina singed Tolbert??!!

Holy fuck.

Edit:  Goddamn.  Seriously, how many good RBs does one team need?
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2012 at 11:10 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 10:17 »

Penso,

I'll give you a good price.

jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 12:49 »

High bidder with a $37.50 ceiling??

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 14:27 »

Penso,

I'll give you a good price.

The shirt is nice but DAYUM!! look at the quality of those floors.  Only a masterwaxer could do a job like that.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 14:43 »

Speaking of floors, how many frickin' Roombas do you think Jeff Saturday chews up in a year?  We have a dog and a cat, and the usual fuzz tumbleweeds start appearing in corners and under furniture after a while.  Saturday's got whole broods of black bears coming out of hibernation, Sasquatches getting cloned...

Just wondering, since there's rumors Saturday might follow PM to Denver.  Can you imagine having a townhouse next to that guy?  The incessant whirr of Roombas would me maddening.  He's gotta have like a dozen scouring the joint simultaneously.

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 15:18 »

Just wondering, since there's rumors Saturday might follow PM to Denver.

Jeff, I know you've had Peyton's hands around your crotch for a decade+, but it's time to let go.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2012 at 18:12 »

Just wondering, since there's rumors Saturday might follow PM to Denver.

Jeff, I know you've had Peyton's hands around your crotch for a decade+, but it's time to let go.

We like to call this the tender process. 

"Blue 94!  Blue 94!  Oh, that little piece of ham feels like heaven, Jeffrey... "

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: