Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 10:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay signs with Steelers West  (Read 836 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 25, 2012 at 16:57 »

No problem; Lewis played corner well in dime, Cortez Allen showed decent stuff in limited snaps, and I still think Curtis Brown has a helluva lot of potential.

Bye.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2012 at 19:55 »

He did ok last year, but certainly don't see this as any kind of insurmountable loss.

BTW, the Cardinals' plundering of former Steelers just gets more comical by the year.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2012 at 14:37 »

Damnit.

Considering this was posted in the Steelers forum and when viewing under the main forum splash page, the only part of the title I could see was, "Gay signs with Steel...," I assumed he took less to stay with Pittsburgh.

It's a bit of a bummer as I thought he was making strides in his game.  He definitely started outplaying McFadden and was becoming a decent cover guy.  I'd be shocked if he doesn't start for the Cards.

IMO, like pitchers in baseball, you can't have enough cover guys, especially nowadays.  They've been relatively healthy at this spot for the last handful of years too.  Hope that continues.

I wouldn't call it a huge loss, but losing a starter caliber player isn't exactly a positive move either.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 09:17 »

Gay, McFadden... they're just guys.  We know their ceiling and floor.

The young guys IMO have more to offer, and their time has come.  I would still consider adding in the draft, probably late unless an unbelievable talent presented early.  Keep an eye on late round prospect Chris Greenwood out of Albion, listed as 6'1", 193#, ran a 4.42 at his PD.  Read somewhere that the FO has interest in him, and he's currently a R7-FA type.  Be a great use of one of those many R7 comps if still there.  There's actually a very nice group of late round CBs (R5-7) worth bringing in and developing, IMO.  May have to do CB writeup soon.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2012 at 12:04 »

May have to do CB writeup soon.

looking forward to that!

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: