Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 18:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kuechly vs. Hightower  (Read 881 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Apr 09, 2012 at 15:30 »

I've read several MARK DARFS that have Keuchly (how the fuck is that pronouced, anyway...COOCH-LEE?) falling to the latter half of R1. 

If he and Hightower are still on the board at 1.24, which one do you take?  Can COOCH even play ILB in a 3-4?  Hightower seems to be a better fit, but if Kuechly is a better overall football player and athlete, do they go the BAA route at a position of need?

Still think that Nick Perry is really underrated in this draft.  Obviously, Pittsburgh has greater needs and doesn't need an OLB at this time, but he's going to make somebody very happy.  I'd bet that if Perry, Kuechly and Hightower are on the board when Pittsburgh picks, whoever isn't selected by the Steelers, will be taken by Balty.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2012 at 15:57 »

I've been so flipping busy but wanted to post possible trade-up targets, and IMO there are two who could be there at 1.18 (our R1 + R3):  DeCastro and Kuechly.  I think they're both off by 1.18, but if not I would trade up for either guy.  If Kuechly fell to 1.24, he'd automatically be my guy over Hightower.  I like parts of Hightower's game, but worry about him on passing downs.  Kuechly never has to come out, and yes, he can play the 3-4.  He's 6'2", 242#, and runs a 4.58.  He never stops.  Very smart player, just racks up the hits and doesn't get out of position.  No question he and Hightower can run the D, be leaders on the field.  Big enough?  Farrior was listed at 6'2", 243#.  No way Potsie was running 4.58 speed, and frankly, I've seen the guy up close.  If he's 6'2", 243#, I'm 6'6" and 3 bills.  Anyway, Kuechly reminds me a lot of Farrior in his prime, except faster.

Anyone else have a better comparison?  I've seen Zach Thomas, but I dunno, I think he's just lighter on his feet.

I like Perry, BTW, just can't bring myself to accept the FO using a R1 on DE or OLB.

Right now, my R1 list is 1. DeCastro (trade up), 2. Kuechly (trade up), 3. Poe (no trade up), 4. Barron, 5. Hightower, 6. Gilmore, 7. Jon Martin, 8. Stephen Hill, 9. Fleener,  10. dunno... Perry could be interesting to groom.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2012 at 17:37 »

Right now, my R1 list is 1. DeCastro (trade up), 2. Kuechly (trade up), 3. Poe (no trade up)

I might pull an aj and paint my balls black and gold and run up and down Flatbush Ave if any of that happened. 

Barron only deserves a scrotee trim though.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2012 at 11:45 »

BTW, Stillz bringin' in TE Leonard Pope (played under Haley in AZ and KC), DE Akiem Nicks (see my NT writeup - often mentioned as NT, he's a 5-tech here), TE Michael Egnew (seems likely they're adding a TE one way or another), and aj's boy Nick Perry.[/u]

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2012 at 14:46 »

BTW, Stillz bringin' in TE Leonard Pope (played under Haley in AZ and KC), DE Akiem Nicks (see my NT writeup - often mentioned as NT, he's a 5-tech here), TE Michael Egnew (seems likely they're adding a TE one way or another), and aj's boy Nick Perry.[/u]

Very surprising.  Although, with Tomlin, maybe it shouldn't be.  He loves dem LBers.

Perry is a fuckin' monster with a non-stop motor.  Not their biggest need by any stretch, but I'd be hard pressed to be angry with the pick.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: