Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 19:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers Opener  (Read 769 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« on: Apr 18, 2012 at 07:22 »

Is anyone else pissed that we have to go back to Denver at high altitude, again without Ryan Clark, this time against Manning?

What a crock. This should have been at Heinz Field.

Denver didn't particularly deserve a home playoff last year. The least the NFL could have done is let us play them at home this year. Even if we draft a safety high in the draft, no way he can start game one.

Looks like Mundy will get a chance to look stupid again.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 08:54 »

True, but the prospect of seeing Silverback or Woodley flatten Manning before the Mile High crowd has a certain appeal.  Can you imagine the collective gasps?  The puckered holes (actually, try not to picture that).

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 09:52 »

the only thing is if Woodley or Harrison man crunch Manning on his first game out, who knows how that neck will hold up....don't think they want that kind of press considering all the bounty talk

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 10:26 »

the only thing is if Woodley or Harrison man crunch Manning on his first game out, who knows how that neck will hold up....don't think they want that kind of press considering all the bounty talk

That's why they should hold a press conference and say that there is absolutely no bounty on Peyton Manning.  That no matter how hard he is hit or even if he's knocked from the game, there will be no bonus pay, $5000, for instance. 

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 11:06 »

That's why they should hold a press conference and say that there is absolutely no bounty on Peyton Manning.  That no matter how hard he is hit or even if he's knocked from the game, there will be no bonus pay, $5000, for instance. 

"That was absolutely not a big bag of money we handed to James Harrison after Manning was knocked out of the game.  It was a sack of stuffed animals that James delivered to all the kids in the cancer ward at the local hospital."

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 08:31 »

Is anyone else pissed that we have to go back to Denver at high altitude, again without Ryan Clark, this time against Manning?

Uhh, no.    tt02   danceshout  icon_cheers   blob9   thumb   cheer   toothy9

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 21:26 »

You guys are aware that the home/away interdivisional games are determined well in advance of offseason player moves right? No conspiracy.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 08:38 »

Found out after.

Still not happy it's the first game of the season, but, whatever.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 09:30 »

You guys are aware that the home/away interdivisional games are determined well in advance of offseason player moves right?

Whatever. I suppose you already know where next year's Super Bowl will be played too.

:Y2Jostradamus:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: