Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 21:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worilds to ILB?  (Read 379 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« on: Apr 18, 2012 at 07:36 »

Saw a post suggesting the FO might move Worilds to ILB, then draft (another!) OLB. Interesting.

I seem to remember Worilds doing spot duty there at some point last season...or is my memory failing? If he did, does anyone remember if he seemed competent?

Could this work, would it be better than drafting Hightower in Rd 1, and what potential OLB targets would we have on radar? I'm assuming this would allow us to go OL/DL in the 1st, then get an OLB prospect in the 2nd or 3rd...

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 07:36 »

Forgot, here's the link....

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/04/the-terrible-podcast-taliking-draft-with-dave-te-thomas-episode/

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 11:11 »

I think Carter would be interesting there, too. Sure, he was a bit rookie-rough last year, but his measurables are better than almost all the ILBs this year, plus he was pretty damned good at Fresno.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 16:54 »

I suppose it makes sense due to the fact that it seems easier to find a 3-4 OLB than a MLB (especially in later rounds), so as long as the FO thinks Worilds can cut it there they can look past Hightower in Rd 1 and address another need. 

Perhaps it's a backup plan if Hightower is off the board when they pick (if indeed they are targeting Hightower)?

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: