Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 04:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Visits  (Read 914 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Apr 24, 2012 at 12:02 »

Not sure how I missed this...

http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/2012/04/17/steelers-bring-in-first-round-prospect-stephen-hill-for-pre-draft-visit/

Steelers bring in First Round Prospect Stephen Hill for Pre Draft Visit
April 17th, 2012 2:44pm | The Show | Category: Steelers

The Steelers are bringing in first round prospect WR Stephen Hill today.  Hill is a match up nightmare for defenses.  He is 6’4, 214 pounds with 4.3 speed.  He is a big receiver who runs like a little guy.

Hill is unpolished as a receiver coming out of college.  He played at Georgia Tech which does not run a true route tree in their offense.  He was more of a run past your guy and catch the bomb type of guy.  If he can be taught how to run routes correctly he could be very dangerous.  It is hard to cover a speed guy and it is hard to cover a large receiver.  The combination of both could make him a very big threat to defenses.

If Hill is drafted the Steelers may have already made the Mike Wallace decision.  They will not need both guys.  Hill can do what Wallace is doing right now in this offense.  Wallace is not the best route runner but he takes the top off of the defense.  Teams have to shift to him to keep from getting beat deep.  Hill can be that guy right now.

They will also be meeting with Cal OT Mitchell Schwartz.  Schwartz is a big boy.  He was not highly rated during the season but as moved up a bit in the draft process.  He is 6’5 and 318 pounds and knows how to use his size to his advantage.  Schwartz will be a right tackle or a guard at the next level but has played some on the left side.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 12:12 »

That's a "Fuck you, Mike Wallace!" visit.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 12:13 »

Full list...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_2012_pre_draft_visits/10411498

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 13:05 »

That's a "Fuck you, Mike Wallace!" visit.

Wally doesn't want to play and we can't pull a trade (doubtful that they can), he finishes his year and we don't tag him next, let him walk for a R3 comp in 2014.  Hill is a tough WR to peg, but I like the idea of a Demaryius Thomas type being WR4 for a year and then working his way up next year.  It would ballsy for them to take a WR in R1, and I actually think Hill will go higher than 1.24.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 13:16 »

I don't think they're taking a WR either.  They're just sending the "FU, sign your damn tender," message.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 17:46 »

Two parts to this visit process I find odd.  One, why do they limit visits?  These are professional football teams, not colleges.  If a team wants to pay for 300 guys to come interview, who has an unfair advantage?  All teams have same opportunity.

What IS an unfair advantage though is not counting locals.  That's pure geography which is beyond a team's control.  Play hell for any team they put in London, for example.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2012 at 09:26 »

What IS an unfair advantage though is not counting locals.  That's pure geography which is beyond a team's control.  Play hell for any team they put in London, for example.

But think of the kicking game that London team would have.  Legendary.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: