Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 18:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finny's 2012 first round mock  (Read 6850 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #90 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 10:00 »

Sorry, gonna disagree about Irvin and Weeden.  FFS, Weeden is older than Aaron Rodgers.  Throwing the baby out with the bathwater WRT McCoy: should have gotten a WR and waited till their R2 pick and STILL could have gotten Weeden, most likely.  If Colt gets moved, Weeden inherits his problem (lack of offensive talent), and if he becomes a backup then the Browns will second guess every time Weeden has a bad game ...  Should we put Colt back in at starter?  Looks like a no-win to me.

I've heard that other teams were also high on Irvin.  It's the Dontari Poe argument all over again.  (I think Poe was overdrafted, but not to this extent.)  Irvin IMO is much more raw than Poe.  Much higher bust potential.  Think he would have been there R2 when Seattle picked, tho Wex tweeted that San Fran wanted him at the end of R1.  Whatever.  You want to push DDC down more, be my guest.  Oh, and DDC >>> Riley Reiff, so thank you too, Detroit.  The Steelers war room must have had to break out the fresh drawers after the Lions took Reiff.

Not surprised Harrison Smith or Kendall Wright went where they did, but per my S Guide, I think Smith was really overrated, and I'd say there are some concerns about Wright.  Not as fast as advertised, chunky, could be a bust candidate as well.  Rams taking Brockers...  dunno, not a fan of LSU linemen (DL or OL) of late, seem great at the collegiate level then wash out in the bigs.  LSU has coughed up a lot of furballs outside of DBs.  Speaking of San Fran, they must have been in the mood to take someone a round too early.  You can smell their Mike Wallace infatuation in that pick.  Don't think AJ Jenkins is Mike Wallace, but that's the gamble they made.

Only surprise faller IMO was Upshaw.  Liked him better than some of the guys taken R1, actually thought he was top 15.  Meh.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #91 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 10:03 »

Oh, and the Bucs did well.  Couldn't get the Richardson deal done, so they took Barron after Dallas decides to trade way up for Claiborne, leaving Barron - the Boys presumptive pick - swinging in the breeze.  Maybe a bit high for Barron, maybe not.  Come back at the end of R1 and get the Muscle Hamster.  Not the back that Richardson is, but a very, very solid addition for TB.  Barron + Martin =  a nice haul.

Wasn't surprised the Pats moved up, sort of expected them to.  How are they using Hightower?  ILB?  What about Spikes?  OLB? 

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #92 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 10:22 »

Would love to see us go RT with Massie or Osemele.  OL R1 and R2?  Unheard of.

Too many players to list for R2, but ILB Kendricks and ILB Wagner come to mind, RB Polk and Turbin, S Brandon Taylor and S/ILB Lavonte David.  

WR Stephen Hill... won't make it, but so I said about DDC.  Fleener, ditto.

Ditto that on the OL double-tap.  I have Glenn, Martin, & Massie circled, but can't see any of 'em happening without a trade up.  There also seems to be a 3-4 DL value bubble.  I half expected Worthy and/or Still to go R1, but they're still hanging.  Reyes & Winn should be coming into play before long, and I can't figure out Ta'amu.  If he's still there, I'd be seriously tempted then change the sign on the weight-room door to read cafeteria.

True to all that.  Going to figure out a list of R2 targets today.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #93 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 11:13 »

Curious why the Bengals traded 1.21 for NE's 1.27, and took Zeitler?  I mean, why not stay put and take DDC?  Better hope that 3.93 pick was worth it.  IMO, there's a big difference between DDC and Zeitler, maybe the Bengals saw it differently.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #94 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 12:01 »

That's why they're the bungles.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #95 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 12:15 »

Florio reports the Browns are shopping Clot to the Packers.  Can't imagine the Browns getting shit for ROI in that deal.  Ol' Clot didn't play well in '11, but had a decent rookie showing.  No talent around him, period.  Weedie's older than a third of the NFL starters already.

Enjoy the basement.

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: