Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 21:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Draft - R4-7 Discussion thread  (Read 6936 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Apr 28, 2012 at 10:29 »

Targets?

I would love to see us get some of these guys...

R4

NT Josh Chapman, CB Josh Norman, S Markelle Martin, CB Brandon Boykin, CB Chris Greenwood, RB Chris Polk, RB Robert Turbin, RB Lamar Miller, OT Bobby Massie, WR Chris Givens,  WR Marvin McNutt, WR Greg Childs, WR Joe Adams, OT Brandon Mosley, TE Orson Charles, TE Ladarius Green

R5

NT Hebron Fangupo, QB Kirk Cousins, RB Brandon Bolden, WR Nick Toon, WR Juron Criner, WR Jeff Fuller, G/T Ryan Miller, DE Cam Johnson, DE Billy Winn, DE Marcus Kuhn, TE James Hanna, CB/S DeQuan Menzie, S Ryan Steed, S Johnson Bademosi, S Brandon Hardin, S George Iloka, OLB/ILB Ronnell Lewis, OLB Kourtnei Brown, OLB Josue Ortiz, DE Scott Solomon, DE Ernie Owusu

Sure I missed a few.  Might take Ta'amu if he falls far enough, tho not convinced he's a 3-4 NT.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2012 at 14:51 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 11:39 »

Skins take Cousins when they moved up for RG3?  Umm, OK.  Maybe they're playing him at wideout or sumpin.

Fucking Seahags take Turbin.  Really liked that kid.  He's got some real potential.

Hoping for Chapman now as my #1 pick, Polk probably #2.

Don't get the Ratties pick.  Bruce Gradkowski's lil' brother is an OG, Mayock says he plays nasty, but he's small.  Coulda gotten him much later.  Still lots of pretty good WR talent for depth and a hedge if/when Wally goes.  Some decent CB...

TRADE UP!!!!!

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 11:46 »

Huh, Ta'amu over Chapman?  Well, have to admit that I saw only a little game footage of Ta'amu, wasn't impressed, thought he'd fit better in a 40 front.  But he's got the size, strength, and Mayock called him one of his 2 "BEAST" players (with Silotalu).  So maybe they coach him up; poor man's Dontari Poe?  I'll trust the scouts on this one.  R2-3 grades mostly, so value is there.  Can't coach size, as they say.

*Edit:  gave up their R6 to move up.  Fine; 4x R7 anyway.

scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 11:54 »

Any idea why Massie was on the board for so long?  I thought he was projected R2.  Wonder what was wrong with him?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 12:00 »

Any idea why Massie was on the board for so long?  I thought he was projected R2.  Wonder what was wrong with him?

No idea.  Roughly as strong as our own Mike Adams, which is to say, not as strong as needed, but was someone Saban tried hard to recruit.  Played well enough at Ole Miss to be considered at LT or RT in the bigs.  Nothing stands out to me, unless he's dumb as a bag of dogshit.

scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 12:15 »

No idea.  Roughly as strong as our own Mike Adams, which is to say, not as strong as needed, but was someone Saban tried hard to recruit.  Played well enough at Ole Miss to be considered at LT or RT in the bigs.  Nothing stands out to me, unless he's dumb as a bag of dogshit.

I was on the Mike Adams DND bandwagon as soon as I saw his strength, or lack thereof.  He is also 6'7 and presumably has longer arms, so comparing his reps with a 5'11 linebacker isn't exactly a true indication of his lack of strength.  I am not sure what to make of his off-the-field issues... Whether this kid performs may be as simple as whether or not he decides to grow up.

ESPN showed some tape of this Ta'amu kid --> looking like a slightly slower version of Ngata.  Apparently there are concerns about his knees...
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 13:16 »

So they moved up in the 4th?  How many spots and what did it cost?

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 13:26 »

We got 109. They got 119 and 193.

So gave up a 7th to move up 10 spots.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 13:28 »

cool thanks

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 13:44 »

I wonder if they're looking at Dan Herron at rb.  OSU rb's haven't been worth much since Eddie George though, unless I'm forgetting someone.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: