Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 02:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Draft - R4-7 Discussion thread  (Read 5777 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #30 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 18:10 »

A CB...hmmm

Terrence Frederick

03/08/2012 - A pair of talented Aggie defensive backs also stepped up to work out despite the fact that each had participated at the Combine. Cornerback Coryell Judie entered his senior season highly regarded by scouts but a hamstring injury forced him to miss nearly half of the season. He was clocked at 7.10 in the three-cone drill Wednesday, which is over two-tenths of a second faster than the time he had at the Combine (7.33) in this event. A&M's other starting cornerback, Terrence Frederick, also helped himself by shaving nearly a tenth off of the 40-yard dash time he'd posted in Indianapolis. Frederick had been clocked at 4.54 seconds at the Combine but registered timesbetween 4.42-4.46 seconds on Wednesday. After posting an impressive 4.47 time in the 40-yard dash at the Combine, running back Cyrus Gray elected to largely sit on the results he had in Indianapolis. - NFLDraftScout.com

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #31 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 18:15 »

Last pick ----

Kelvin Beachum - OG SMU

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 18:29 »

I'm 6'2" and a bit, and I was looking down on him.

SING GILIGANS WIFE!!!!111
sysadmin7

« Reply #33 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 02:25 »

There HAS to be a medical flag for Polk to have fallen this far.  Has to.  Lots of DL/OLB depth/developmental types.  Some WR yet.  Among fallers, my 4x R7 would be:

1. S. Markelle Martin
2. WR Marvin McNutt
3. DE Billy Wynn
4. OT TOm Compton

I'm with you Finny. I'm really high on Polk as I see him as a true 3 down HB who has great vision, solid hands who can catch out of the backfield, pass blocks and picks up the blitz extremely well for a college HB, runs inside the tackles hard getting north and south, while  not moving laterally... (unlike Spindenhall)...always has his legs moving, 799 rushing attempt - 4 fumbles and he ran behind a horrible Washington Huskies O-line. He did have a horrible week during the Senior Bowl and he lost 10 pounds (from 225 to 215) for the combine. I think this, and injury concerns moved him down a lot of teams Big Boards.

Rainey in the 5th is just a wasted pick. Sure, he runs a 4.3 - 40 (Polk ran a 4.4 at his Pro Day) but he is clearly a special teams, 3rd down HB (when he adds some bulk and muscle to his 5'9, 174 pound frame) and will probably line up in the slot until he gets whacked over the middle and gets cut. And the Darren Sproles comparison? Please...Darren was 5'6, 187 coming out of Kansas State and had a solid collegiate career, unlike Rainey. Sproles ran for over 1,300 yards every year (almost ran for 2,000 his 2nd year as a starter), Rainey...3xx, 5xx, 6xx and 861 last season. Rainey had 31 receptions last season, the same number as Polk...though Polk had 4 TD's to Rainey's 2. Sproles put 225 pounds up 23 times, Rainey barely got the 16th one up. And, lets not mention Rainey is always injured. Not a big fan of Rainey, but I hope he turns into a PR/KR nightmare and a solid slot WR.

As I write this, Polk just agreed to sign with the Eagles which SUCKS!! And our unofficial list so far looks like this:

Brandon Lindsey, LB, Pitt
Drew Butler, P, Georgia
Robert Golden, DB, Arizona
Marquis Maze, WR, Alabama
Desmond Stapleton, OG, Rutgers
Adrian Robinson, DE, Temple
Alex Tanney, QB, Monmouth
Grant Ressel, PK, Missouri: 96.2% (127-of-132) of his total kicks over the last two seasons (43-of-46 FGs & 84-of-86 PATs), first year he went 65-of-66 total kicks (98.5%), including 26-of-27 field goals and 39-of-39 extra points, and that percentage broke an NCAA single-season record for best combined kick accuracy. We have our future kicker in this kid. How this guy didn't get drafted is beyond me. Not bad for a walk-on.
Connor Dixon, WR, Duquesne
Ikponmwosa Igbinosun, DT, Southern Connecticut (And NO, I did not mash a bunch of keys on that name.....)
Ryan Lee, OL, Furman

I was hoping to see...
Chris Polk (HB - UW)
James Brown (OT - Troy)
Nick Jean-Baptite (NT - Baylor) gives us another 3-4 NT to groom and keep on the roster.
Michael Brewster (OC - Ohio State) for when Pouncey gets injured right before the playoffs.
Leonard Johnson (CB - Iowa State)
Joe Long (OL - Wayne State)
Matt Reynolds (OL - BYU)
Kellen Moore (QB - Boise State)
Chase Minnifield (CB - Virginia)
Joe Martinek (FB - Rutgers)
Lucas Nix (OG - Pitt)
Shawn Loiseau (LB - Merrimack)
Brian Stahovich (P - San Diego State)
Matt Merletti (SS - North Carolina)
Chris Greenwood (CB - Albion) 6'1, 4.3 - 40 though a small school (Div III) guy. Worth a shot and had a solid East-Wesy Shrine Bowl game. 
Ryan Steed (CB - Furman)
Desmond Marrow (FS - Toledo) 6'2, 4.3 - 40.
And that's about all I can think of....
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 02:27 by sysadmin7 » Logged

LINUX = FREEDOM
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 08:05 »

FWIW Chris Greenwood got taken by the Lions just before we took Rainey.

Adrian Robinson is a local (Harrisburg) kid who played very well for Temple and IMO was under the radar.  At worst, a solid UDFA pickup.  Going to have to dig up info on the rest.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 14:47 »

That piece of shit Rainey was first team All-SEC wasn't he?!?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 18:21 »

No replies. So hilarious. Be fair.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 18:43 »

Except for the off field stuff, I don't get the hate for the Rainey pick either.  IMo he was drafted for special teams and to be third down/COP back. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 22:29 »

That piece of shit Rainey was first team All-SEC wasn't he?!?

Having seen the kid kick the shit out of Kentucky, I think he's a pretty decent pick. In fact, I'm quite ecstatic about him

But I'm a chick, so what do I know?
 eck02 eck02 eck02

I'm still the one with the boobs.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 22:30 »

Not that a lot of people can't kick the shit out of Kentucky football.....

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: