Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 23:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Birthday Party by Harold Pinter @ the Undermain Theater in Dallas  (Read 441 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: May 04, 2012 at 23:58 »

Just got back.  An interesting play that left me with questions, but I suppose that was the point.  Very enjoyable performance, the cast was terrific.  The Undermain (actually under Main Street) is a very intimate space that seats 80 I'd guess.  We were on the back row and felt close, the people in row 1 (there were 6 rows) were directly in front of the performers.  That would have been a bit much for me but maybe I'll try that another time, get there a bit earlier.

I may have to hit Wikipedia about the play though to see if there are additional insights to be gleaned.  Recommended.  Tonight was a preview, the official opening is tomorrow.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012 at 00:54 »

I thought this thread was about another old timers music gig you attended, jonzr.  What a gyp. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012 at 13:26 »

You're thinking of the seminal punk act, Birthday Damage feat. Harold's Sphincter.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012 at 18:49 »

HarryAPinter wrote Nick Cave?  So he's a character in a story within a story?  What about Blixa and the Collapsing New Buildings?  Must be Chinese.  Make 'em with papier mache and birds' nests, FFS.  Was clipping my toenails and got down to the Throbbing Gristle, you know, when the half moon of nail is stubbornly hanging on and you yank the fucker off, and next day your toe looks like it was on a Manson family outing.  Sorta like Martha Marcy May Marlene.  Or, which by a commodius vicus of recirculation, brings us back to Gristle's Slug Bait.  Now THAT was some weird shit even, even then.  What were we talking about? 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: