Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 00:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What in hell is everyone up to?  (Read 1893 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012 at 08:58 »

Trying to do more travel this summer.  Got back from a week at the beach in Chas, SC two weeks ago.  Will hit the Delaware beaches in mid-June.  Hope to make a run to Pittsburgh in July to see family.  A week in W. Palm Beach in August or September.  The kid flies free on Southwest til she is two years old (just hit the one year mark last week) so we are trying to get travel dates set up.

Can we trade vacation funds?

Cool

Good to hear that all is well.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012 at 10:02 »

The kiddo's are 15 and 13 (14 in two weeks), both are girls, nuff said.  They are finishing 9th and 8th grades.  Both are getting ready for upcoming trips.  Mrs. BV has been traveling, and cancelled one trip when she rolled her vehicle twice on the way to the airport.  Extremely fortunate that she walked away from it.  No broken bones or anything.  Gashed her leg pretty good and had pretty bad whiplash, so neck and shoulders were pretty sore.  Sooooo, there was an unplanned vehicle purchase recently (why I'm gonna . . . ), on the heels of a vehicle purchase 8 months ago (*@!#) which was the final push to re-fi the house.  12 yrs left on a 5.25% 20 yr fixed, so for the re-fi I combined 1st and 2nd on a 15 yr fixed at 3%, and am saving some large every month.  Enough to more than offset the recent vehicle purchase.

As far as me, I'm just the dad which means I don't have say on anything, am the only one that will say no to anything, which really means everything, and I just drive people around.

Have been riding the bike when I can.  Last two times out on the bike I recorded my best times on each of those rides, so I can't complain much.  Today and tomorrow are the last days of school, so I should be able to get in more bike riding since I don't have to pick up and take said young-lings somewhere else just about every freakin day.  Last time I weighed, I was tipping the scale at 223, which is pretty decent.  Keeping it under control, but not eating as well as I would like and not exercising as much as I should.

That's all I got.  Looking forward to summer and a reduced schedule for a coupla months.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012 at 16:06 »

Trying to do more travel this summer.  Got back from a week at the beach in Chas, SC two weeks ago.  Will hit the Delaware beaches in mid-June.  Hope to make a run to Pittsburgh in July to see family.  A week in W. Palm Beach in August or September.  The kid flies free on Southwest til she is two years old (just hit the one year mark last week) so we are trying to get travel dates set up.

Such a relative term when dealing with flying with children in my experience. It may not cost you money, but it will probably cost you in other ways (like lifespan).

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012 at 20:49 »

Well I just have one so coordinating the flight time with nap time is easier.

No vacation since Sept 2010 so we have been saving $ and vacation time.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012 at 08:57 »

The kiddo's are 15 and 13 (14 in two weeks), both are girls, nuff said.  

My condolences.

Mrs. BV has been traveling, and cancelled one trip when she rolled her vehicle twice on the way to the airport.  Extremely fortunate that she walked away from it.  No broken bones or anything.  Gashed her leg pretty good and had pretty bad whiplash, so neck and shoulders were pretty sore.

Holy fuckin' shit!  Helluva way to start a trip.  Very glad to hear that she's OK (generally).  The fact that she walked away is amazing.  Gotta be a German vehicle.

As far as me, I'm just the dad which means I don't have say on anything, am the only one that will say no to anything, which really means everything, and I just drive people around.

LDO.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012 at 09:02 »

The kiddo's are 15 and 13 (14 in two weeks), both are girls, nuff said.  

My condolences.

Forgot to add, please take copious notes and pass the information along when you get the chance.  I dread the tween/teen years...

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012 at 10:56 »

Thanks AJ.  Wife's vehicle, which I don't personally care for, was that small Lexus SUV, RX300 (2002).  Now they are all RX350's.  It is waaay too small inside for me and it has a pretty high center of gravity for a small wheelbase.  Having said that, the structure was in tact after rolling a coupla times, so I can't complain about that.  The '02 only had the "steering wheel airbag" that didn't deploy since there was no impact to the front end.  She absolutely loved that vehicle and wanted the same vehicle as a replacement.  We found one a few years old with low mileage, yada yada yada.  It has the full compliment of airbags (side, legs, etc.)

The girls are pretty good and not night-mareish yet.  The older one is young for her age, so she is still pretty easy, but moody.  The younger one is like her mother, full of spice, and will be a real tester.  She is smart and going to a high school with an IB program (she will be in the IB program (International Baccalaureate <comprehensive AP curriculum>.  I don't think that's just a local CO thing?), so hopefully that will keep her busy and minimize shenanigans.

In addition to saying no, I am an SOB, don't know anything about anything (I'm generally stupid, and even moreso to the 15 yr old who thinks I'm an incomprehensible ogre because she can't open her bedroom window when it is raining sideways), and an over arching tyrant.  She also expects to be driving a newer vehicle than my 2002 Volvo sedan.  LMAO.  I was thrilled to drive a 12 year old Oldsmobile when it was made available to me.  Cuz I'm going to provide something newer and nicer than my daily driver for a new driver that will be in an accident within a week of driving on her own.  This text box doesn't allow enough characters to cover the tip of this topic. 

Did I mention I need to spend more time riding my bike?

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012 at 13:02 »

Cuz I'm going to provide something newer and nicer than my daily driver for a new driver that will be in an accident within a week of driving on her own. 

My wife doesn't understand this logic.  I won in the end though.  But the price helped (free car from my mom).

This text box doesn't allow enough characters to cover the tip of this topic. 

No.  No, it doesn't.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012 at 16:05 »

Amen brotha.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012 at 16:20 »

The Chinese have it right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: