Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 29, 2014 at 01:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Euros  (Read 4011 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 13:31 »

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 16:19 »

bonzr=knerd

Spain v. Italy will be a yawner IMO.  Then again, I had Germany reaching the final, so there's that.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #12 on: Jun 29, 2012 at 18:03 »

I have to admit to not watching the entire match.  Robo-soccer was almost as boring as real soccer.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jul 01, 2012 at 15:33 »

Was laughing at ESPN's hairpieced mouthpiece Bob Ley piece making Balotelli out to be part-Messi/part-Jackie Robinson. "the man who has dominated the Euro's and left everyone talking".

Um he barely made the team. And not because he's black (there are other African born players on this same team). But because he is a selfish, basketcase who is a ticking time bomb for a red card. He cannot be trusted and has been a terrible teammate (he pouts, burned his house down, and has literally thrown darts at his teammates). Italy had a black guy feature over ten years ago. To unearth the reason they haven't featured more often, simply take a look at their percentage of the population of Italy. It's not like they're being freaking repressed.

Yes he's certainly left people talking. Most of the banter centering around "who the hell is the black kid with the Mohawk taking his shirt off and flexing?". If that is racist I don't know what isn't anymore. If some Asian dude sprinted for Ireland and won the 100 over the Jamaicans in London and people noticed it was unusual is that racist?! Where's the oppression?

Oh well Buffon, before today, has been better than him. De Rossi is better. Pirlo has been amazing.

Spain are some fucking killers. Moot.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jul 01, 2012 at 15:34 »

The Italian centrebacks aren't what they used to be. #BaresiWatch

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 05:32 »

Fortunately I got to watch the match with the sound off.  Spain made it look easy.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 18:50 »

Down goes Portugal, and with them y2j and sfinco's boy Ronaldo. 

Whoa, whoa... I was prepared to let the Ashley Cole bashing slide ( seriously, it's been years since he left North London for SW6 Penso)... But this I cannot ignore. CR7 is a great player but a total douche. Just look at him.

Pretty decent tourney. La Fura Roja is very, very good. But enough with the Fabregas "false 9" bullshit. England imploded once again. Thoroughly outplayed by the Azzurri. The Germans stumbled again as well.

L'Oranje not getting out of the group stages was a shock. But in the end, the best team won. Trivia: the only team in the world to beat both Euro finalists since '09....wait for it...... the US.

On a purely selfish side note..just received my '13 home Chelsea CL jersey (Drogba of course) with a Championship star... KTBFFH!!
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 01:50 »

( seriously, it's been years since he left North London for SW6 Penso)...

Well, Judas Iscariot died around about 2000 years ago.  

CR7 is a great player but a total douche. Just look at him.

In truth, one of the personal disappointments of the tournament was that he played well.  Right... up... until the penalties.  Good enough for me, as long as he ends up with that dumb assed look on his face.  And you can tell the wife that his official nickname at bars across brooklyn is now "prissy pants".

But enough with the Fabregas "false 9" bullshit.

Honestly.  Because Spain really struggled with formation, what with all that playing a basically formation-less game, and still not conceding for what seemed like forever.  Still, for me (and I am totally not half croatian) Croatia were the unlucky side of the tournament.  

England imploded once again.

I'm not sure it even qualifies as an implosion.  I think it's closer to the truth to say they're not very good, and, in point of fact, haven't been since about 1990.  Johnson and Milner are complete stiffs for England, and that's just the beginning.  

The Germans stumbled again as well.

The Germans played one awful game against the eye-ties.  Passes behind, boots of concrete. Even Ozil's passes were miles off.

L'Oranje not getting out of the group stages was a shock.

I disagree.  How can people be shocked by this? Did you forget the world cup final?  That team already hated itself in a tournament they were as good as winning. They all loathe each other, and more to the point, the defense is really bad.  I mean, horrible.  No one runs for anyone.  You can practically see it on their faces on tv.  They get the ball, they play it up field.  Sneijder will pick it up, run himself into some deadspace on the pitch, then knock a vague ball at an impossible angle for Van Persie to pick up.  He will, and then he will run himself into an impossible position and then knock the ball into deadspace vaguely in Robben's direction.  He will miraculously find it, dribble towards the right corner, then suddenly cut back to the middle and put it only a tantalizing 8 feet above the bar.  

On the ensuing goal kick, de Jong will foul, and then bizarro football can be avoided for as long as the ball is kept away from the Dutch.

KTBFFH!!

What is that, russian for something?
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2012 at 02:02 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 13:23 »

Barcelona's midfield dominates the final. Messi watched on TV.

Ronaldo just faced that team and it went to PKs. Total stalemate?  They lost in PKs. He didn't kick one. He was scheduled fifth. As usual. He didn't bitch out and "didn't even take a kick!!!!".

"he is a total douche. Just look at him".
What compelling evidence.

"prissy pants"
I am certain that breaks his heart. Ask some people who are responsible for marking him who is the best baller going. Not college boys and drunkards at the bar. In fact, Cristiano's only concerned with the section of Brooklyn he (targets) next time Andy Roddick's wife visits Spain.

Speaking of Spain. Who won La Liga anyway?

Had to be Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Puyol, Sanchez, thee alleged best player in the world Messi, Pique, Alba, Fabregas and whomever else on the same team, no?!??

Croatia shouldve advanced. Shame that Brasilero ankle got broke and he never emerged as their "non-fiction" 9. Suker was one of my 50 face athletes ever though.

Uuuhh you guys know who the English captain was right?!? Let's give Ronaldo shit for not one-manning (no stacked cups) Portugal to the champ belts but excuse John Terry for his dispicable behaviour? Seems dumb.

I bet if Portugal could change one thing it'd be not kidnapping Cristiano Ronaldo before he could deliver his two goal master piece KOing them....and start from there.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 20:55 »

Barcelona's midfield dominates the final. Messi watched on TV.

I certainly hope he watched the press conference after the Denmark match on tv.  Ronaldo said more or less the same thing.

Ronaldo just faced that team and it went to PKs. Total stalemate?  They lost in PKs. He didn't kick one. He was scheduled fifth. As usual. He didn't bitch out and "didn't even take a kick!!!!".

He sat back and watched his team get eliminated.  He should have taken the fourth kick.  Like I said above more than once, it was either his call or the coach's.  Either way, horrible decision.

"prissy pants"
I am certain that breaks his heart. Ask some people who are responsible for marking him who is the best baller going. Not college boys and drunkards at the bar. In fact, Cristiano's only concerned with the section of Brooklyn he (targets) next time Andy Roddick's wife visits Spain.

I don't give a fuck whether he is bothered by what people say about him or not.  Although, he clearly is.

Uuuhh you guys know who the English captain was right?!? Let's give Ronaldo shit for not one-manning (no stacked cups) Portugal to the champ belts but excuse John Terry for his dispicable behaviour? Seems dumb.

"Excuse" John Terry?  Who did that? Dude is a horrible human being and an overly violent defender, exactly the kind of player the English love. 

I bet if Portugal could change one thing it'd be not kidnapping Cristiano Ronaldo before he could deliver his two goal master piece KOing them....and start from there.

Ronaldo was definitely Portugal's best player in the tournament.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: