Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 15, 2014 at 04:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vokoun to the Pens for 7th round pick  (Read 1724 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« on: Jun 04, 2012 at 10:51 »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/caps-trade-tomas-vokoun-to-penguins-for-seventh-round-draft-pick/2012/06/04/gJQAtRrXDV_blog.html

The Capitals traded Vokoun, an impending unrestricted free agent, to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a seventh-round pick in the 2012 NHL entry draft. Less than a half hour after the trade, Pittsburgh announced it had signed Vokoun to a two-year contract worth $4 million. Vokoun, 35, is expected to back up Penguins starter Marc-Andre Fleury.

“I wasn’t planning on being back [in Washington] anyways,” Vokoun said on May 14. “For me, it was never intention to be here more than a year.”

Vokoun posted a 25-17-2 record with the Capitals in 2011-12, recording a .917 save percentage and 2.51 goals-against average before a groin tear ultimately derailed his season.

Love Vokoun, even at his age this is just what the doctor ordered to both backup and possibly push Fluery.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2012 at 14:59 »

He's getting long in the tooth, but at his best he's capable of near world-class play.  I'd hope for a 60-40 split, with Vokoun playing a ton early in the year.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2012 at 10:18 »

He's getting long in the tooth, but at his best he's capable of near world-class play.  I'd hope for a 60-40 split, with Vokoun playing a ton early in the year.

Yeah, Fluery was god awful in the playoffs, but I think alot of that had to do with how much he was forced to play in the regular season.  Look at someone like Lundquist, who I think is the best goalie in the game.  overplayed during the regular season and always seems worn the hell out come playoff time and it always seems to lead to an early exit for the Rags, besides this year.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2012 at 22:35 »

Yeah, Fluery was god awful in the playoffs, but I think alot of that had to do with how much he was forced to play in the regular season.  Look at someone like Lundquist, who I think is the best goalie in the game.  overplayed during the regular season and always seems worn the hell out come playoff time and it always seems to lead to an early exit for the Rags, besides this year.

Yeah dude, living in NYC I watch (am force fed) alot of Rangers hockey.  They went deeper this year because Biron took some of the load off Lundquist in the early part of the year. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2012 at 20:37 »

Lundqvist is studly. Reminds me a lot of myself but less cool.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: