Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 17:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staal traded.  (Read 1947 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jun 23, 2012 at 00:00 »

Kind of an end of an era. Here's looking forward to the first time Crosby knocks him on his ass.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2012 at 02:18 »

I loved the move.  Freed up a ton of cap space.  Sent a quality player stuck on the 3rd line to play with his brother.  We got a decent return.  And now Shero can focus on Parise.   Wink

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2012 at 09:12 »

And now Shero can focus on Parise.   Wink

I wish.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2012 at 09:19 »

And farewell to Zbynek Michalek.  I always liked Michalek, I guess no one wants any part of Martin.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2012 at 23:49 »

Absolutely terrible trade of Staal. If he wanted to play with his brother so badly Shero shouldve given up a first-rounder, a no-name prospect and a third liner for Eric Staal. Hey, that sounds nuts but Jordan went for that insane price and he is better than his brother. A badass cup-winning perpetual Selk candidate in his prime for teenagers and a coward who turned his back on America for Canada.

They better get Parise and Yandle. Or Nash. Only way to salvage this mess.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2012 at 18:16 »

Little late to this party but I've read a couple places that Staal is set to sign a 10 year 60 million dollar extension with the Canes.  The same offer he turned down from the Penguins.  Just some food for thought.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2012 at 14:46 »

Glad to see Shero get some return for an overrated player like Staal.  The guy put up marginal offensive numbers against other teams' worst defensive pairing and didn't do squat on the PP in 2011.  Yes he could control the puck, win some face-offs, and played well against the Flyers in the postseason, but Parise would be a definite upgrade.  And if this preserves Malkin-Crosby-Tanger-Neal for 12 more years, I am content with the move.  Time will prove Shero right.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2012 at 11:18 »

I don't know that Staal is overrated, but he was perfect in his role with the Pens.  I don't think that he has the playmaking ability to be a number one center anywhere, and Sutton should should be a fine replacement, and a guy who seems to embrace the role.  Given the fact that he obviously didn't want to resign with the Penguins,  Shero definitely got great value for him, and I'm not even wildabout who they took at # 8.

And he signed the deal I mentioned earlier.  Which is what the Pens offered.  Which is what Shero was so fucking pissed off about.  He's not a penguin anymore, so I'll just say fuck Jordan Staal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: