Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 08:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pirates  (Read 6053 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 08:33 »

Plus, he still gives off the stench of the Yankees.

That stench is one of the reasons why they're 16 games over .500.  Cool

Actually, Brad Lincoln pitching excellently in relief all season is one of the reasons why they're 16 games over .500.  Don't worry though, Cruz will be back soon.  I can almost remember the last time he pitched well.
[/quote]

Burnett?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #31 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 18:30 »

yes, burnett having a career year is another reason why we don't suck again this year.  if you don't share my concerns about the strength of our bullpen atm, i really don't know what to tell you.  

just watched an interview during one of the breaks.  one of the nuttings was featured.  smug smile on his coddled mug.  too bad he wasn't being flogged with chicken wire by barmes.  At least then barmes would be earning his paycheck.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 03:00 »

yes, burnett having a career year is another reason why we don't suck again this year.  if you don't share my concerns about the strength of our

just watched an interview during one of the breaks.  one of the nuttings was featured.  smug smile on his coddled mug.  too bad he wasn't being flogged with chicken wire by barmes.  At least then barmes would be earning his paycheck.

Dude, no bitching about the nutting or the coonelly or the huntington here.  That's what Smizik's blog is for.  Play on the field is all that matters.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 12:05 »

yes, burnett having a career year is another reason why we don't suck again this year.  if you don't share my concerns about the strength of our bullpen atm, i really don't know what to tell you.  

TBH, I don't know a thing about the strength, or lack thereof, of the Pirates pen.

My comment was solely aimed at your Qualls having a Yankee stench hater comment.  That's it.  It obviously bothers you with Qualls, but not from Burnett.  I guess it's a tolerable odor when the guy leads the team in wins/ERA for the season...

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 12:17 »

It obviously bothers you with Qualls, but not from Burnett.  I guess it's a tolerable odor when the guy leads the team in wins/ERA for the season...

Yes, it is a tolerable odor when that happens.

Speaking of Yankee stench, I was at "The Stadium" last night.  I was surprised at how pleasant it was, not at all a bad place to see a game.  I'd rank it equal with Fenway or Wrigley. 

My favorite t-shirt of the night featured that most interesting man guy from the dos equis commercials.  It said, "I don't always hate.. but when I do hate, I prefer to hate Boston."

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 14:41 »

My favorite t-shirt of the night featured that most interesting man guy from the dos equis commercials.  It said, "I don't always hate.. but when I do hate, I prefer to hate Boston."

Yeah, I've seen that one before.  I'm a fan.

I like this one a little more, but it's tough to wear around the kiddies:

DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #36 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 02:55 »

TBH, I don't know a thing about the strength, or lack thereof, of the Pirates pen.

My comment was solely aimed at your Qualls having a Yankee stench hater comment.  That's it.  It obviously bothers you with Qualls, but not from Burnett.  I guess it's a tolerable odor when the guy leads the team in wins/ERA for the season...

That's funny.  Your comment went right over my head.  I wondered what the hell you were talking about.  Probably because at this point in the season I view AJ as a Pirate.  NY fans and media hated him btw.  And yes, I am a hater.

Very little in sports sweeter than Yankee fan tears at the end of a season.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Aug 27, 2012 at 00:46 »

We seemed to be winning more games before.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #38 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 18:12 »

Pirates do much better when the starting pitching is solid and Pedro's blasting home runs.

I'd like to see us go .500 from here on out.

labor day edit:  wow jmac was terrible yesterday.  he had nothing.  when everyone else was talking about winning the division, i was only hoping for .500 baseball in the second half.  we're not even managing that.  I'd really like to see some fight out of these guys.  I'm struggling to find positives about their play at the moment.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2012 at 08:04 by DrRockit » Logged
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Sep 09, 2012 at 00:48 »

All I want is 82 wins. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: