Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 07:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallace Steelers making progress  (Read 1634 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Jul 20, 2012 at 07:44 »

I really hope his deal, when it is done, does not mean that we cannot re-sign brown next year

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/19/steelers-mike-wallace-making-progress-in-contract-talks/

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 08:21 »

Wallace is making a lot of people, including myself, take a second thought on him.  His assessment of his own talent is way above reality, he's good and fast and takes away some safety coverage to open it up for Brown and the others but WTF dude.  You way underperformed especially down the stretch in the SB where a true elite WR would shine.  You're not Jerry Rice or Fitz and this is the Steelers not SF or AZ.  Sign a fair deal or head out the door and receive a reality check along with a bigger one.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 08:56 »

Wallace is making a lot of people, including myself, take a second thought on him.  His assessment of his own talent is way above reality, he's good and fast and takes away some safety coverage to open it up for Brown and the others but WTF dude.  You way underperformed especially down the stretch in the SB where a true elite WR would shine.  You're not Jerry Rice or Fitz and this is the Steelers not SF or AZ.  Sign a fair deal or head out the door and receive a reality check along with a bigger one.

Dude, chill.

This is just how the (contract) game is played.  Would have preferred that they got this worked out sooner, but whatever. 

How do you know that Wallace thinks he's Jerry Rice or a Larry Fitz?  Because someone in the media said so?  How do you know what kind of money he's looking for when no one knows what the deal looks like right now?

This will get done.  It will get done the Steeler way.  We will sit down and look at this deal and think, Hmmmm, the front office has done what they always do... they've signed a guy to a deal that makes sense.  When the cap dust settles, we will also see that the 2013 numbers will allow us to sign Antonio to a new deal, too.

Believe me, the FO has this shit figured out.  They know who they want, and they know how to keep them.  I fucking hate off-season media shit.  It's aways a tempest in a teacup.   old

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jasonic

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2012 at 15:29 »

we shall see but I still think his head is overblown IMO

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 00:05 »

Wallace will sing up before the end of the week.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 07:41 »

Wallace will sing up before the end of the week.

I agree...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pain

« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 19:44 »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8199991/source-pittsburgh-steelers-wide-receiver-mike-wallace-break-contract-talks

ruh-roh, Raggy...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 21:59 »

Lewis proclaimed Wallace "in the best shape he's ever been in," and predicted he would eventually arrive at camp.

Hmmm, shaped kinda like a Hershey kiss.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2012 at 10:27 »

The no show doesn't surprise AJ.

In honor of Mike Wallace and his "Leon attitude," AJ will refer to himself in the third person until #17 signs with Pittsburgh.

AJ thinks it's gonna be a long summer.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jasonic

« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2012 at 13:28 »

you're killing independent MW

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: