Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 19:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallace Steelers making progress  (Read 1544 times)
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2012 at 18:54 »

Wallace is making a lot of people, including myself, take a second thought on him.  His assessment of his own talent is way above reality, he's good and fast and takes away some safety coverage to open it up for Brown and the others but WTF dude.  You way underperformed especially down the stretch in the SB where a true elite WR would shine.  You're not Jerry Rice or Fitz and this is the Steelers not SF or AZ.  Sign a fair deal or head out the door and receive a reality check along with a bigger one.

Dude, chill.

This is just how the (contract) game is played.  Would have preferred that they got this worked out sooner, but whatever. 

How do you know that Wallace thinks he's Jerry Rice or a Larry Fitz?  Because someone in the media said so?  How do you know what kind of money he's looking for when no one knows what the deal looks like right now?

This will get done.  It will get done the Steeler way.  We will sit down and look at this deal and think, Hmmmm, the front office has done what they always do... they've signed a guy to a deal that makes sense.  When the cap dust settles, we will also see that the 2013 numbers will allow us to sign Antonio to a new deal, too.

Believe me, the FO has this shit figured out.  They know who they want, and they know how to keep them.  I fucking hate off-season media shit.  It's aways a tempest in a teacup.   old

Not the FO I'd be worried about.

I'm with jasonic after the reports.  Wish they could've got the 1st instead of this crap.  Good news is the receiving corp is deep, so it won't be as much of a loss.

read this. http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117357-ed-wallace-not-agent-calling-the-shots

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 09:06 »

Bouchette:

Here’s Colbert: “We’ve chosen to not progress with negotiations at this point. Once we made that decision, now we’re in a different mode. We’ll have to address any new negotiations if we get to that point.” Colbert stated that Wallace now will have to sign the one-year tender of $2.7 million before they will resume negotiations on a multiple-year deal. “Him not being here, really we have to focus on what we can control because we can’t control that. Again, every negtiation is unique, you put your best foot forward, if it’s not suitable for both parties, you have to adjust and we’re really in adjust-move-forward-mode right now.”

Rumor around town that the Yankees have been in contact with Wallace and his peeps.

Leon

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 13:26 »

not surprised.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/51395/mike-wallace-holdout-day-3-update

again, WTF dude!    tt02

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: