Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 05:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Worry  (Read 817 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« on: Jul 20, 2012 at 13:25 »

I'm OK.

I know there are prolly 6 people simultaneously typing a thread about my well-being.

You can go back to drinking.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 13:30 »

HAS ANYBODY SEEN BRINKER?!?!?

Oh, uh, hi BV.  Didn't see you there.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 13:42 »

Have no fear.  Brinker is ok.  Just interviewing and monitoring the building process of  our new home.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 13:57 »

Did y'all hear about that lady who narrowly avoided a mass shooting in Toronto a month earlier?  

Ghawi wrote professionally under the name Jessica Redfield. The last post on her personal blog recounted her presence at a June 2 shooting at Eaton Centre, a Toronto shopping mall and tourist destination.

In that attack, a gunman opened fire on a crowded food court, killing one and injuring seven.

In a June 5 blog post, Ghawi wrote: "My receipt shows my purchase was made at 6:20 pm. After that purchase I said I felt funny. It wasn't the kind of funny you feel after spending money you know you shouldn't have spent. It was almost a panicky feeling that left my chest feeling like something was missing.

"A feeling that was overwhelming enough to lead me to head outside in the rain to get fresh air instead of continuing back into the food court to go shopping at SportChek. The gunshots rung out at 6:23. Had I not gone outside, I would've been in the midst of gunfire.

"It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting."

I figured no 40-something mountain biker dudes were lining up to watch Batman at midnight.  Is that your town?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 14:38 »

BV hates running from gun-toting mass murderers.

Doesn't burn as many calories as biking.

Go back to drinking?   When did we pause?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 15:49 »

Did y'all hear about that lady who narrowly avoided a mass shooting in Toronto a month earlier?  

Ghawi wrote professionally under the name Jessica Redfield. The last post on her personal blog recounted her presence at a June 2 shooting at Eaton Centre, a Toronto shopping mall and tourist destination.

In that attack, a gunman opened fire on a crowded food court, killing one and injuring seven.

In a June 5 blog post, Ghawi wrote: "My receipt shows my purchase was made at 6:20 pm. After that purchase I said I felt funny. It wasn't the kind of funny you feel after spending money you know you shouldn't have spent. It was almost a panicky feeling that left my chest feeling like something was missing.

"A feeling that was overwhelming enough to lead me to head outside in the rain to get fresh air instead of continuing back into the food court to go shopping at SportChek. The gunshots rung out at 6:23. Had I not gone outside, I would've been in the midst of gunfire.

"It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting."

I figured no 40-something mountain biker dudes were lining up to watch Batman at midnight.  Is that your town?

No Jonzr, not in my burb.  I think that was in a burb called Aurora, on the SE side of Denver.  Not too close to home, but it's Denver-metro.

My burb is on the SW side of Denver.  Unfortunately, Columbine was my burb when it happened.  I lived two sub-divisions away from the school.  The pizza delivery joint on speed dial was where one of those kids (perp) worked. Neighbors "catty-corner" across the street had 4 or 5 kids and one of them was killed in the school.    Still live about 10 minutes from there in the same city.  Daughter had a hoop game there this past spring.  1st time I was in there since the shooting.  Anyway . . . .

Spot on assessment.  BV was sound asleep about 2.5 hours before that movie started.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2012 at 16:01 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: