Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 02:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finny two years from MGS mandatory retirement  (Read 1289 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« on: Jul 27, 2012 at 07:59 »

Happy b-day!!!!  I hope all varmits are slow roasted today in your honor!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 08:03 »

Happy Bday finman, hope you enjoy some varmint on that new grill!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 11:08 »

Finny's so old, there's a character for his name in the Mayan alphabet.

Happy birthday you kashi eating midget loving bastard!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 11:59 »

Finny's so old, there's a character for his name in the Mayan alphabet.

'Course.  Who do you think wrote it?

One of the few on this site that's got a realistic shot at cashing in on Social Security.

Happy Birthday, man!

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 19:38 »

Happy Birthday old man

What the fuck is Zamir Cobb doing these days?Huh?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 10:41 »

Thanks, kids.

Took the week off for a working staycation while the new furnace was installed.  We did go natural gas, so hopefully that's a good long-term return.  It was nice having a savings account, while it lasted!  I had to prep for the install by going through junk in the basement, and let's just say it's amazing how much shit accumulates.  We were the hillbillies of the block, with all the crap we put out curbside.  What amazed me was I'd put out stuff marked "free" and it would all disappear in under an hour.  Are people that hard up for old chairs and lamps and stuff?  Seriously? 

Did some yard work, got some good serious boozing in, had a nice dinner on the birthday proper -- braised short ribs on polenta, it was awesome.  Got to chill with friends a bit, and tried out the new grill.  Made a brisket, shrimp, veggies, steaks, and burgers.  A lot of meat was consumed this week.  BTW, steaks at 650F (couldn't get it to 700F, so went with what I had) were literally en fuego when I opened the egg to turn them.  I thought for sure Penso was right, and I had turned them to leather, which is a crime against humanity, considering how beautiful the 21 oz. rib steak was.  Not to worry - perfect sear outside, not really burned at all, and a tender medium rare inside.  Just finished them in almost no time was the difference.

What else.  Didn't shave the whole week off, so I'm going Keisel, which I may carry into the season.  Tightened it up a bit for the return to work, so it's more Tomlin than Keisel right now.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 10:50 »

Also feeling pretty good in general, BTW.  Hard to fucking believe it's 2 years until 50, feel like 10 or 15 years younger.  Finally got over the stupid plantar fasciitis and was ready to get back to running, and then had 4 weeks of bronchitis.  So, back to running again.  Doing a hill circuit.  I can only imagine how brutal Jerry Rice's hill workout was.  Our neighborhood has a nice bunch of hills, so I do a 1.5 miler and finish with about a block and a half at just about a 45 degree angle.  It may be 40 degrees, but going up that fucker is enough to cough up bloody piles of lung.  Mrs. says that when I run she can tell it in my face, my skin looks better, and I can tell that when I'm running that the core is slowly but surely tightening.  Still need to lose 20#, and still hoping to run 13.1 before the dreaded fitty.

Oh, here was what fucking chapped my balls.  I was on Facebook the day after my birthday, and they have the sponsored ads.  Well I guess now my demo triggers ads for seniorpeoplemeet.com.  As if that wasn't enough, I get a fucking email from AARP, motherfuckers.  It's enough to wanna break my foot off up somebody's ass.  And breaking it off is probably becoming more literal than figurative now. 

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 14:09 »

Also feeling pretty good in general, BTW.  Hard to fucking believe it's 2 years until 50, feel like 10 or 15 years younger.

What a coincidence, AJ is flirting with 40 and feels 10-15 years older.

Oh, here was what fucking chapped my balls.  I was on Facebook the day after my birthday, and they have the sponsored ads.  Well I guess now my demo triggers ads for seniorpeoplemeet.com.

Yeah, sure. 

*air quotes*

Facebook.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 15:08 »

What a coincidence, AJ is flirting with 40 and feels 10-15 years older.

What's the problem, man?  Seriously, if you go into your 40s with issues, they just compound.  I knew I had to knock off some creeping weight and get in better shape or just fucking tag out.  Thought you worked out and shit?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: