Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 18:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AB extended  (Read 3226 times)
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« on: Jul 27, 2012 at 18:36 »

Steelers sign WR Antonio Brown to five-year, $42.5 million extension, per league source. @ProFootballTalk Steelers sign WR Antonio Brown to five-year, $42.5 million extension, per league source.

Mike better get his ass to camp.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 18:40 »

That's a message.  And the message might be, "We *were* interested.  Now?  Not so much."

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 19:36 »

Nothing would suprise me at this point.  Wallace could show up, & still get a deal.  Or they could trade him...in any case, the FO sent a clear message of, "We're moving on with or without you Mikey".

Strange they extended him with 2 years left...last time was with Maddox, correct?  I think Brown might've just got some of Wallaces bread, lol.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 19:38 »

I sense a pattern....plax, holmes, wallace.  still...we'll see but apparently, don't pull this shit on the steeler FO    icon_rr

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 20:46 »

I sense a pattern....plax, holmes, wallace.  still...we'll see but apparently, don't pull this shit on the steeler FO    icon_rr

Depends on what you mean by "this shit".  Ward pulled it and everything came out ok there.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jasonic

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 21:03 »

wallace isn't ward.  he was the only one to do the holdout move and by then he was you know, Ward.

they offered wallace 5/50.  what does he want?

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 22:13 »

I have a weird feeling with this one, folks.  First, pulling the deal and making Wally sign the tender.  Then the AB deal.  Could still deal with Wally, but seems like they're moving ahead with or without.  Smells funny.  Winds have changed.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jasonic

« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 23:12 »

Not a bad move I think considering that no team sniffed him while he put himself out there and now with signing AB, they've put some underlying pressure and a message to him to show up and then deals get done.  If he doesn't sign he sits so they've also made him decide to swallow his pride a little and become a team player because they could franchise him and have his rights for next year as well so the longer he sits the less his deal will become no matter where he goes.  Kind of genius as usual by the FO, it's like, "we have you and if you want to play games (esp. considering the reports it was Wallace not his agent making the call here) we can play them better than you." 

Basically, he can sign the 2.7 mill tender and have a killer year and THEN get paid, right??  If so, the FO played it very well IMO.  Didn't see this coming....

Since the AB deal is backloaded, they also seem to have enough room to sign Wallace but not for an astronomical deal, which is also nice.   hmmmm, should be interesting this week!

VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2012 at 23:14 »

wallace isn't ward.  he was the only one to do the holdout move and by then he was you know, Ward.

they offered wallace 5/50.  what does he want?

More than that, I guess...to which I say to MW...Fuck off, You're fast but you're not a true #1.  Thanks for your time.  AB will catch you up on how to be a pro.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2012 at 04:11 »

Even more interesting... I didn't realize that Drew Rosenhaus was AB's agent.  And that Rosenhaus made such a reasonable deal with the Steelers without involving some sort of a holdout or drama. Doesn't seem Rosenhaus's style.

Have to believe that the individual players made some personal choices in directing their representatives.   AB seems much more the team player, eh?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: