Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 20:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AB extended  (Read 3301 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #10 on: Jul 28, 2012 at 08:56 »

Fuck it. Make him play out the tender then franchise him next year. Have fun waiting 2 more years before you cash in on the FA market shit head.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jul 28, 2012 at 09:24 »

Fuck it. Make him play out the tender then franchise him next year. Have fun waiting 2 more years before you cash in on the FA market shit head.

Yeah, I thought Wallace would come to his senses but apparently jasonic was right, he's bought into his own hype.  You could tell from Tomlin's comments that he was pissed, and I don't blame him.  Tomlin's done everything a coach could do to make Wallace a complete player, but MW seems intent on not listening and cashing out at his first opportunity.  It's been a long time since we've seen a player so badly mismanage his own career.  Mike Merriweather, anyone?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #12 on: Jul 28, 2012 at 10:06 »

Even more interesting... I didn't realize that Drew Rosenhaus was AB's agent.  And that Rosenhaus made such a reasonable deal with the Steelers without involving some sort of a holdout or drama. Doesn't seem Rosenhaus's style.

Have to believe that the individual players made some personal choices in directing their representatives.   AB seems much more the team player, eh?

ABsolutely.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jul 28, 2012 at 18:47 »

PFT reporting via locals that Wally wants ~5/$55 w/ $26 guaranteed.  Given that AB got 5/$42, I think the FO is telling Wallace that $50s won't get it done, it has to be 5/$40s, and likely less than $26 guaranteed. 

They've pushed this to the limit.  But if we trade him for a fucking R4 only, I'll be greatly pissed.  Hell, make him sign the tender or sit, fuck the R4.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jul 29, 2012 at 07:46 »

If he left via FA, we would likely get a 3rd round comp pick so I think Eddy B's notion of trading for a 4th rounder makes little sense

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jul 29, 2012 at 11:05 »

But if we trade him for a fucking R4 only, I'll be greatly pissed.  Hell, make him sign the tender or sit, fuck the R4.

They've played their cards right to this point.  Doing that would be a major fuckup.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 06:06 »

I sense a pattern....plax, holmes, wallace.  still...we'll see but apparently, don't pull this shit on the steeler FO    icon_rr

Depends on what you mean by "this shit".  Ward pulled it and everything came out ok there.

Even Ward realized that he had to get back to camp to get anything done. It worked out for Ward because he eventually realized that he had to come back for the team in order for the team to do anything for him. I'm not seeing that happening in this case.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #17 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 08:36 »

Plaximo:Ward :: Wallace:Brown

Just try not to shoot yourself on the way out, kid.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 08:46 »

:DoctorJohnnyFever:
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 11:05 »

:DoctorJohnnyFever:

DR; JOHNNY ROTTEN WAS RIGHT DOOFUST, IF WE HALF DONE THE SMART THINGE AND TRADIT WART WHEN HE HAD ANY VALYUE LEFT WE WOOD HALF A WIDE ASSEIVER NOW THAT COUD LET US FOGERT ABOUT MICK WALLEYES.  THE PROBLEM IS NOW WITH SANTONIO BROWN SURE, HE;S HAPPY NOW, BUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT YEAR WHEN HE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE, HMM MAYBE I SHOOT HALF GOT A BIGGER DEAL >>>>>>>>I SMELL A HOLDOUT IN 2031<<<<<<<<<<<

wHEREASS IF MICK WALLEYE GETS A BIGGER DEAL, HE WON'T BE SMELLIN NO COFFEY AND 2031 WE'LL BE SINGEING THE PRASSES OF WALLEYE AND CURSING DANTONIO BROWN, OWE, HOW THEW TABBLES HAVE TURN!!!!!!  KARMASS A BITCH!!!!!

IF DR. JOURNEY ROTTEN WAS HERE HE'D SPEAKING WORDS OF WISDON, I BET HE'D BE ABBLE TO POINT TO A PLAYER WE SHOULD TRADE NOW BUT EVER ONE WOULD CRAP ON ROTTEN NOW KJUST LIKE THE Y DID THEN.  A$$ZH*LES/

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: