Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 16:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AB extended  (Read 3017 times)
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 11:16 »

Well at least we know there won't be any WR drama next off-season.  AB is the better all-around receiver so I love this deal.  Most are quick to point out the TD discrepancy between Wallace and AB, and incorrectly correlating that Wallace is the better receiver because of it.  Had AB not stepped up last year and made all the great underneath catches, Wallace's TD total would have likely been cut in half.

I really hope something can get done and we have Wallace and Brown on this team for the next 5 years, but it seems with each passing day that isn't going to happen.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 12:13 »

Well at least we know there won't be any WR drama next off-season.  AB is the better all-around receiver so I love this deal.  Most are quick to point out the TD discrepancy between Wallace and AB, and incorrectly correlating that Wallace is the better receiver because of it.  Had AB not stepped up last year and made all the great underneath catches, Wallace's TD total would have likely been cut in half.

I'm hoping (though I fear that it is true to some extent) that AB didn't make all of the underneath catches because Wallace was opening them up with his deep speed. We'll find out early in the year unless MW gets his head on straight and reports.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 14:53 »

One wild card is Manny Sanders.  I do think there is some degree of Wallace opening up the underneath, but Sanders is a similar kind of receiver to Brown.  If he can stay healthy and be productive, then having two guys with that skill set could be something Haley exploits.   He wants to implement a quick-hitter passing game, which would work very well with AB and ES.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 17:58 »

Sanders has nowhere near the deep speed as Wallace.  Wallace requires Safety help EVERY snap, leaving Brown 1 on 1.  I like Brown as much as the next guy, but his job just got a fuckton harder if Wallace doesn't show till week 10.  Here's hoping he earns that new deal.

That said, I like our group better with AB, Cotch & Sanders than I did with Ward, ARE & Wilson.  We all know how that turned out.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2012 at 18:11 by VanWilder » Logged

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 19:36 »

Sanders has nowhere near the deep speed as Wallace.  Wallace requires Safety help EVERY snap, leaving Brown 1 on 1.  

Yeah, I didn't say Sanders has Wallace type speed.  My point is that mismatches can be created in more ways than stretching the field.  Having Sanders and AB, who can run every route on the tree, can create confusion and mismatches in coverage if Haley plays his schemes right.

No question though that AB's (and ES's) job is easier with an elite speed guy blowing the cover off.  Still want Wallace on the team, no hard feelings, love yer pointy head, mon.

VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 19:55 »

Sanders has nowhere near the deep speed as Wallace.  Wallace requires Safety help EVERY snap, leaving Brown 1 on 1.  

Yeah, I didn't say Sanders has Wallace type speed.  My point is that mismatches can be created in more ways than stretching the field.  Having Sanders and AB, who can run every route on the tree, can create confusion and mismatches in coverage if Haley plays his schemes right.

No question though that AB's (and ES's) job is easier with an elite speed guy blowing the cover off.  Still want Wallace on the team, no hard feelings, love yer pointy head, mon.

My point was, w/o Wallace it'll be a hell of alot harder...as too your point, that's alot of if's.  IF Sanders stays healthy, If they even get the route concepts of a new OC, If Brown shows he's #1 capable.  It's not impossible, as I said, it's far more productive for the entire O if Wallace gets his ass to Latrobe.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 20:14 »

"love yer pointy head, mon."

He looks like a Hershey Kiss for sure, lol.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Jul 31, 2012 at 06:34 »

Yeah, I didn't say Sanders has Wallace type speed.  My point is that mismatches can be created in more ways than stretching the field.  Having Sanders and AB, who can run every route on the tree, can create confusion and mismatches in coverage if Haley plays his schemes right.

No question though that AB's (and ES's) job is easier with an elite speed guy blowing the cover off.  Still want Wallace on the team, no hard feelings, love yer pointy head, mon.

YEah, nor argument. 

Just get it done, boys...

My point was, w/o Wallace it'll be a hell of alot harder...as too your point, that's alot of if's.  IF Sanders stays healthy, If they even get the route concepts of a new OC, If Brown shows he's #1 capable.  It's not impossible, as I said, it's far more productive for the entire O if Wallace gets his ass to Latrobe.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: