Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 12:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: nice positive camp article  (Read 903 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jul 28, 2012 at 21:04 »

i like way things sound in latrobe...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/page/claytoncamp120728/nfl-five-observations-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp

really excited for our new corners to step up, lewis and battle looked good from what i saw a little last year, hopefully they're ready.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2012 at 21:20 »

Lots of good shit bubbling up.  Some good signs from Lewis and Allen last year, think they'll build on it, and don't forget Curtis Brown.

The OL overhaul.  The DL youth movement.  ILB/OLB is gonna be tense.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 18:24 »

Excited about the young guys at corner, fo sho.  Interesting they kept Allen at slot and put Brown on the outside when Lewis went down with the ankle.

I'm concerned with ILB, the depth anyway.  They signed Johnson, but reports are he's working at OLB so far.  I do think Spence will be a hell of a player for us.  Maybe not in base D, but Nickel & Dime...which might be base D now anyway, with pass happy O's flooding the league.

I think ILB & Safety have to be on the wish list for Colbert & the coaching staff.  

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 18:47 »

Listening to 104.7 on I heart radio, Bradley saying Brown has easily the best ball skills out of any corner.  Not getting beat deep is job #1, obviously...he's saying he's looking like a shutdown, ballhawk kinda corner.  I like what I'm hearing.  Brown is insanely athletic.  His short shuttle, 3 cone & vertical are in-fucking-credible.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 19:40 »

Agree WRT Brown.  Loved his speed and intangibles coming out, but figured he needed seasoning.  Was amazed how fast Allen transitioned.  Every injury is an opportunity, right?

We have a nice logjam of young talent at CB.  It would behoove us to keep Lewis and the young guys; Ike's odometer is running.  He's still a player, but window is a question for CBs, always.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2012 at 14:34 »

more reports and I like more of what I'm hearing.....More No Huddle??  YES.  Drafting OL.  YES.  Young Corners.  YES.   NO BRUCE ARIANS.  YES!!  it's like all the things people complained about are finally happening this year.   Unfortunately no Hampton, dodgy in LBs which is odd...Wallace headache.  I like the Chris Rainey possible x factor.

Seriously can't remember being this excited to see the new team come preseason in awhile.    tt02

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: