Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 14:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFS FFL 2012  (Read 5730 times)
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #70 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 21:24 »

I do understand everyones keeper-conundrum via offseason (when does it begin? Etc ) trades but uhhh how do I get in this league?!?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #71 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 23:02 »

Lemme look up the settings and I'll pm you.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #72 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 08:12 »

There was a problem There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

Enter League ID#, not name

Gotta try this again on my home computer

Still receiving this same error message.

Can you find the original email?  It went out on 6/19.  Just search for everything from Yahoo.  Sounds like it wants you to click the official link. 

Failing that, pm me your email address, the one listed here doesn't work.  I'll send another invite via the league page, hopefully that will work.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #73 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 12:00 »

Why is it telling me that the deadline to set keeper players WAS Thursday August 30th. Last time I checked, today was the 30th. Any way we can push it back to tomorrow since apparently it meant before 12:00AM on the deadline day?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #74 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 12:17 »

Why is it telling me that the deadline to set keeper players WAS Thursday August 30th. Last time I checked, today was the 30th. Any way we can push it back to tomorrow since apparently it meant before 12:00AM on the deadline day?

Done

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Spen

« Reply #75 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 12:22 »

No keepers for me. Shocking I know, with that power house roster I had last year.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #76 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 14:03 »

Done

Thanks. Just to let everyone know, I'm holding on to my Johnson(s).

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #77 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 14:06 »

You are correct, KC.  I would have been over the roster limit, but would simply have cut d'qwell jackson or whotfever to make room for Peyton.

The only real problem with off-season trades is that they are impossible to manage logistically until after the new season's draft.  I didn't see a problem with this one because it was essentially a one for one of two dudes who were gonna be keepers anyway.  That is until aj got all noodle-kneed about it.

Yeah, but you don't have the ability to make any roster moves prior to the draft.  The only way I could see it working is if the commissioner has the ability (power?) to move players from one team to another or if managers have 365 access to their rosters which would allow them to make moves anytime.

Totally understand KC's problem with it as it's something we should've covered prior to the 11th hour.  Don't want to alienate anybody in this league, for obvious reasons and it is a free league, after all.

As to the deal itself, my only problem with it was I thought I was going to be forced to make Peyton my other keeper in order to trade him, thereby losing Cam.  That's all.  If I was willing to part with McCoy AND Manning to get Foster, I obviously value him higher; cutting it down to a one-for-one wouldn't affect me at all.  Had I known that Penso was willing to part with Foster for McCoy straight up from the start, I would've just done that and dropped Manning.  EZ game.

Penz is the only one that should be worried.  He doesn't get Manning in the deal and when Vick suffers a hamstring tear taking a shit in Week #5, Trent Edwards takes over "behind the helmet."  I'm sure that won't impact McCoy's performance...much.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #78 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 15:13 »

Quote from: fantasysports.yahoo.c om
Draft Results
Round
Team
Order of selection will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the start of the draft.

Is that true...thought we did reverse order of finish from last year?

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #79 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 15:15 »

Yeah, I haven't done it yet. 

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print