Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 14, 2014 at 23:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preseason Game #3 Steelers @ Bills  (Read 1776 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Aug 25, 2012 at 18:14 »

PM for online game link
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2012 at 18:56 »

Being broadcast on the 212 at...?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2012 at 19:01 »

Monday 4pm, I think.
raynemaker
N00b

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2012 at 21:54 »

Rookie safety Robert Golden, punctuating what has been a good training camp and preseason, intercepted a Steve Young pass and returned it 47 yards to the eight in the fourth quarter. Two plays later, Leftwich had his second touchdown pass, of 10 yards to Derrick Williams.

First Clemens, now Young........
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2012 at 22:00 »

Well, it looked like a 38-7 game early on.  38-7 in favor of Buffalo.  Offense was playing a limited script, executing poorly.  Ben was visibly frustrated.  Then in 2Q with 1:33 remaining, it was like they flipped a switch.  99 yards to paydirt.  Adding in the long ball changed the dynamic of this game entirely, and there were a couple of nice reads from that long game:  1. Haley isn't afraid to throw to the RBs (Dwyer); 2. regardless of what Wallace does, AB is our WR1; 3. Lefty is back, and could be a nice situational sub at the end of the halves; 4. Cotchery and Miller will be used more in the possession game than we've been led to believe.  In short, Haley's been rope-a-doping us.

DDC - hoping this is a hyperextension.  He's played extremely well for a rook, but we can wait a few weeks with the crew on hand.  The OL began to gel very nicely once we opened the throttle.

Cortez Allen graded out perfect in my assessment.  This kid outplayed Lewis and even Ike.  Curtis Brown is CB4 right now but was targeted often and effectively.  He still has potential but needs to work on it.

Ziggy Hood came up big.  He's beginning to flash.  Cam Heyward had a nice game, and Stevie Mac was sturdy in the middle.  Ta'amu got trucked and didn't play much, was replaced.  I worried about him as a 3-4 NT and still do.  Al Woods may have the edge over Corbin Bryant, showed some nice moves again.  Woodley played above the line but looks fat.  Carter played above the line but no splash plays.  Adrian Robinson didn't get a lot of looks and appears to be a PS consideration only.  Sean Spence was all over but didn't make a single play of note that I can recall.  

Pola had his usual mix of frenetic whiffs and splashes.  A nice pick against Young.  UDFA S Bob Golden also picked Young, and frankly showed better than vet S Will Allen.  

RB competition.  Rainey's in, no question.  Redman: not an outside runner, K?  But Redman overall ran like a rabid badger.  Dwyer: not an inside runner, K?  Batch: throws some super blocks, super high character guy, a nice 12-yarder late, but looks like odd man out.  I think he has PS elig, so there's that.  

Gilreath didn't show much, not his fault though.  Derrick Williams had some really nice stuff and make his case now for WR5.  Between B. Batch, Gilreath, and Williams, who do you keep?

No snaps for Batch or Johnson, who IMO is a PS candidate.  

Hrapmann IMO > Suisham.  Butler also did a nice job and IMO > Kapinos.  

FB Will Johnson was clearly lost on one play and drew the wrath of Ben.  Also did not block effectively on one play where the back (Dwyer?) got turned outside.  Needs work.  

Not much from the TEs aside from Miller.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2012 at 06:52 »

DDC looks like he will be gone for the year. Adams better step up this year so one of our o line draft picks contribute. Lefty looked great. Rainey is a waterbug. Timmons looks even faster this year.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2012 at 07:07 »

Really sucks about DDC.  Apparently DDC got rolled up when Gilbert rolled over him.

STs were the suck as well, except for the kickers.

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2012 at 09:04 »

DeCastro torn MCL. Out 8 weeks. Accorording to the worldwide leader.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2012 at 14:10 »

MCL, dislocated knee cap, torn patellar tendon.  ACL intact.  Not sure if he makes it back this season.  My guess: no.

Fucking Gilbert, if you would hit the fucking weights so Williams didn't just push you around like a fucking marshmallow panda...

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 26, 2012 at 22:05 »

MCL, dislocated knee cap, torn patellar tendon.  ACL intact.  Not sure if he makes it back this season.  My guess: no.

Fucking Gilbert, if you would hit the fucking weights so Williams didn't just push you around like a fucking marshmallow panda...

Kinda glad I wasn't able to watch this game.  Not sure if I want to catch the rebroadcast tomorrow.

*sigh*

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: