Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 26, 2014 at 08:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 1 - Sept. 9 @ Denver  (Read 4341 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 04, 2012 at 07:21 »

Assuming it doesn't conflict with any of my CFL viewing, there's a Sunday night game I might try and catch a bit of.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2012 at 08:30 »

Look at Otis, all over the spot like proactiv.

This Jets fan said to me the other day what a big game this is for the Steelers.  I had to explain to him that in Pittsburgh, the big games don't start until January.

Pittsburgh 31 Denver 24

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2012 at 09:29 »

I just hope horseface doesn't get killed by a Steelers OLB.  Can you imagine the uproar?  Douchell might try to shut down the team.  Maybe a couple of extra rounds of duct tape on the neck are in order.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2012 at 10:37 »

:nervous:

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2012 at 10:46 »

Truth be told, I don't think either team has looked all that sharp this year.  Pittsburgh has floundered throughout the preseason and as you might expect, Manning has looked shaky since coming back. 

I see both teams never really being able to get anything going offensively and as a result, I think we'll see something like a 20-17, 17-16 nailbiter.  Don't see where Vegas is going with the 44.5 O/U.

Lock it up!

*smirk*

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2012 at 13:02 »

No surprise here.

STILLERS7
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2012 at 19:22 »

I'll be at this game.  Manning looked good in the 3rd preseason game.  Hopefully it was just a case of the 49rs playing a vanilla defense.  Anyone else going to this game, or are there just going to be 2 people, me and my cousin the Bronco fan.

Jerry Seinfeld: [On the space shuttle and the moon] What the hell were they doin' with a car on the god damn moon? You're on the moon already! Isn't that far enough?  
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2012 at 08:39 »

My ticket connection didn't come through, so I'm not going this time.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2012 at 08:46 »

I think you've got the contour of the game right aj.  Lots of questions to answer, so I expect some jagged edges early from both teams.

Steelers are still trying to set a decent OL.  The DL is a work in progress.  Harrison.  Haley, and the O.  Redman's hip.

I can see Denver having plenty of early success between the 20s before the D finally settles down after a couple of drives.  Peyton will have some Peyton moments.  Decker will be a target, and he'll see how far he can push Ike on Demaryius, but he's going to look for those deeper matchups against the LBs, so ... TEs and whoever their WR3 is (Caldwell?).  Their OL is not as good as it used to be - Clady's regressed, the IOL appears to be newer guys.  We've always asked how Peyton and Brady would do with lesser protection, and we may find out with both guys this year.

Steelers will see Redman getting chunks, lots of short and intermediate stuff to AB, Heath, and Sanders, but I expect timing to be rough early, some punting.  Later, shots downfield, and not always to Wallace - some to Sanders and AB.  Some razzle from Rainey.  Some dazzle from Dwyer.  A much more varied set than Ariass.  Nice potential, in other words.  But a 20-17 Steelers win, and my gut's a little uneasy about this game and where we are (esp. with injuries), so...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2012 at 06:07 »

I'm worried that the score will be flipped -- or worse.

Just too many injuries already this year. We're one injury away at OL from another slipshod line. And the LB situation is already a full-blown disaster. 

Add to that Clark is not available.

Tough to rotate guys in that altitude when there is no one on the bench. Just don't see this game going well.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: