Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 29, 2014 at 17:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Season predictions  (Read 382 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 06, 2012 at 13:41 »

Anyone?  I'll even spot ya Cowboys 1-0 and Giants 0-1 to start the season!  Anyway, didn't really put a ton of thought into this, just sort of a quick gut feeling, not even sure if this all adds up.

AFC East:  Patriots appear to be in cruise control, but familiar problems on D and weak OL could spell trouble in paradise.  Bills started 2011 on a tear until injuries caught up, have bolstered their D.  Jets D not the problem, that alleged offense is.  Miami looks very bad, bad management, just bad.

Buffalo 12-4 (2), New England 11-5 (5), NY Jets 7-9, Miami 2-14

AFC North:  Steelers start season hobbled, questions on both sides of ball, but always surprise when under radar.  Ravens coming up on O, but is the D slowing down?  Bengals may have a difficult time repeating 2011.  Browns also look very, very bad.

Pittsburgh 11-5(3), Baltimore 11-5 (6), Cincinnati 7-9, Cleveland 3-13

AFC South:  Texans should dominate, clearly the best here.  Titans look like a very middle of the pack team.  Colts could rebound faster than expected.  Jacksonville has some continuing growing pains.

Houston 13-3 (1), Tennessee 8-8, Indianapolis 7-9, Jacksonville 3-13

AFC West:  The ultimate in parity.  Chiefs dark horse upstart team.  Broncos expected to rise with Manning, D, but do they?  Raiders uneven.  Chargers sinking.

Kansas City 9-7 (4), Denver 9-7, Oakland 8-8, San Diego 7-9

WC Round:  Steelers over Ravens, Patriots over Chiefs
Div Round:  Texans over Patriots, Steelers over Bills
AFCC:  Texans over Steelers

NFC East:  Giants seem to come on late in season, have secondary issues.  Dallas has talent, needs consistency.  Redskins have solid D, RG3 could make them a big surprise.  Eagles overrated, will Vick even last the season?  Where’s the D?

NY Giants 10-6 (3), Dallas 10-6, Washington 7-9, Philadelphia 7-9

NFC North:  Packers look ready to make another serious run.  Bears may miss Urlacher, but offense steps up.  Lions have explosive O, but still have holes.  Vikings crawling back.

Green Bay 13-3 (1), Chicago 10-6 (6), Detroit 9-7, Minnesota 5-11

NFC South:  Falcons ready to get over the hump.  Saints still have plenty of firepower.  Panthers still have work to do on defense.  Tampa still not good.

Atlanta 11-5 (2), New Orleans 11-5 (5), Carolina 8-8, Tampa Bay 4-12

NFC West:  Seahawks surprise with swarming D and improved O.  49ers slide back some, good D but predictable O.  Cards and Rams are miserable

Seattle 9-7 (4), San Francisco 9-7, Arizona 3-13, St. Louis 2-14

WC Round:  Giants over Bears, Saints over Seattle
Div Round:  Packers over Saints, Falcons over Giants
NFCC:  Packers over Falcons

Super Bowl:  Texans over Packers

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2012 at 18:53 »

Agree with a lot of your stuff (HA!...you're fucked.)

Swap Carolina for Chicago.  Still say Panthers are going to make some serious trouble as long as Newton doesn't have sophomore slump.

Pats and Bills have to switch spots.  Have you seen New England's candyass sked?  How does that happen to first place team?  They're going 15-1 or 14-2, at worst.

Still think Denver will be in the mix.  A Manning led team hasn't won less than double digits since Y2J was in high school...and that was without a defense. 

Agree that KC is on upswing.  Like Carolina, they had a lot of injuries last year and should rebound.  Less confident in Cassel than Newton for obvious reasons.

I know this is supposed to be Baltimore's year, returning bunch of starters, "revamped offensive gameplan," blah, blah, blah...BUT I see as much of a concern about age on defense as I do for Pittsburgh.  The loss of Suggs is the 800 pound gorilla none of the prognosticators are talking about and they've had some shuffling along their offensive line too.  Flacco might look good in a hurry up during the preseason, but I doubt he maintains the same level of confidence if he starts taking shots back there.  They could easily end up on the outside looking in at 10-6 or 9-7.

Don't think the Giants are going to make the playoffs.  As long as Vick can stay healthy, I think the Eagles will come out of the East.  I'm also expecting Niners to regress.  Much easier to be the hunter than the hunted.

And TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh went 12-4 or 8-8.  Lotta uncertainty with various issues, age and injuries.  Agree that they perform best when they are an afterthought which is why I'm picking them as lone AFCN rep.

Following "5 in, 5 out" trend for playoffs --- Out - Bengals, Giants, Lions, Niners annnnnnnnd Ravens.  In - Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, Panthers and Seahawks.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: