Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 10:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week #1 picks  (Read 815 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 05, 2012 at 15:29 »

Season Record = 0-0-0
Last Week = 0-0-0

Here they are, people.  I know you've been waiting for them with bated breath.  Some quick, random thoughts thrown in for write ups.  As always, feel free to comment, add your own or just mock.

Cowboys @ Giants (-3.5) - Completely surprised that this number isn't higher.  I am fully aware that most of these NFCE slugfests tend to be close, hard fought games, regardless of each team's record.  Unfortunately for Cowboys fans, this won't be one of them.  They are beat up and their offensive line looks like, well the Steelers offensive lines of years past.  Romo had the Giants' number early in his career, but recent matchups have gone New York's way.  I fully expect the Giants front four to be in his face for a full 60 minutes; 6 or 7 sacks is not out of the question.  While I'm not high on the Giants' season outlook (don't think they'll make the postseason), I do like their chances on opening night.  New York rolls and JJ pops a blood vessel or two.  Taking the Giants and giving the points.

Bills @ Jets (-2.5) - I don't see how the Jets could be favored over anybody until their offense can prove that it can, you know, actually score.  Buffalo is not without fault, but they're improved and can put up points on the board.  All they've gotta do is get to 16 or 17 and it's over.  The one wildcard with New York is their defense.  I'm not really sure how good they are.  I know they think they're great, but that doesn't mean shit between the lines.  Maybe they help to keep it close, but I see Buffalo taking this one on the road for the outright win.  Taking the Bills and the points.

Colts @ Bears (-10) - I was impressed with Luck's performance against the Steelers.  Granted, it was a preseason game, but he handled himself well.  No deer in headlights look here.  Doubt that Chicago defense led by the Ageless Wonder is going to change that.  Yeah, yeah...the Marshall/Cutler reunion has fans talking playoffs, deep run, etc. etc., but I'll believe it when I see it.  Can you imagine those guys in the huddle?  The whining has got to be off the charts.  Anyway, Bears might be the better team...and they're home, but they're not 10 points better.  Think Luck comes out firing in his first regular season game and helps to keep this one close.  Taking the Colts and the FG+TD.

Panthers @ Buccaneers (+2.5) - Tampa really opened up the wallet and loaded up during the offseason.  It's an interesting mix though and we'll have to see if all those pieces work together to produce positive results.  I'm still not sold on Freeman.  I think they might find that he's holding them back.  Carolina, OTOH, is trending up, IMO.  Offensively, they can do some serious damage.  Their issue is defense.  Can they hold those leads this year?  I'm thinking playoff berth for this team and it starts with an opening week win on the road against a division rival.  Take the Panthers and give the two and a half.

Steelers @ Broncos (O/U 44.5) - As mentioned in the Gameday thread, I don't understand where this number is coming from.  At this point, neither offense is striking fear in opposing defenses.  This one has all the makings of a defensive struggle.  Who gets more hits on the QB?  Miller/Dumervil or Woodley/Harrison?  The winner of that battle might shadow the winner on the scoreboard.  Look for a low scoring, season opening crapfest.  Taking the under.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2012 at 15:57 »

Scary that we agree on so much.  I just don't see Carolina as a playoff team yet, but still. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2012 at 00:50 »

Lolz...great start.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2012 at 06:31 »

Shoulda figured when we agreed on all those picks...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2012 at 07:34 »

Fuck yeah! Fuck yeah! Go for it, Fuckface!

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2012 at 07:55 »

Anyone see Hines on the pregame?  He did a brief segment with Bob Costas, may have done more, I happened to catch that one.  He has a huge future on the talking box, I mean, if Michael Irvin can stay employed with his barely intelligible mumble-talk, who can't?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2012 at 19:22 »

LSHTPICOMN!!

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2012 at 22:57 »

Well, AJ, can't get worse right? 

Well, unless you try 6 picks in a week...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: