Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 17:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 5 - Oct 7 - Philadelphia  (Read 5535 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #30 on: Oct 07, 2012 at 16:16 »

Anyone know when Mike Wallace is going to end his holdout?

NO kidding, he better get his head out or he won't be getting AB money.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Oct 07, 2012 at 16:29 »

[quote author=msdmnr2002 link=topic=20142.msg10636694#msg10636694 date=1349641467   Was it just me or did the WR fake being knocked out to draw a flag?  Looked like he hopped up unharmed after about 5 seconds. 
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking too.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Oct 07, 2012 at 19:44 »

Didn't think I'd be saying this; but I'm glad to see Mendy back. He looks good thus far. Looks like Penso was right for the past two seasons...Mendy is in fact the best RB option we have.

Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

He does have a future competing in the discus, tho.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Oct 08, 2012 at 07:55 »

When DDC comes back, fat fucking Willie "Impacted" Colon gotta go.  That guy sucks.  Fuck, we should put Legursky in there.  Of course, it was a road game so you can understand all his fucking false starts.

Timmons comes alive, finally.  Now we just need an ILB to play next to him; yes, our "best" defensive player Larold Foote looked that silly one on one against Shady for the open field tackle touchdown.  Worilds is actually showing some ability to rush the passer.  Woodley, don't get too fat or complacent. 

Not sure which irks me more, the drops or the uncalled DPIs.  Both, I guess. 

Good to see Mendy run without hesitation.  Practice some fucking ball security tho, son.

Couple of other notes:  anyone notice that DL actually inserted Steve McClendon and Cam Heyward in a bit more?  And that they got penetration that Casey seemed to lack?  I'd add Keisel but he had an a'ight day. 

Much as I think Mundy sucks, he couldn't avoid the helmet contact on that (clean) hit.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #34 on: Oct 08, 2012 at 08:02 »

Timmons and Worilds stood out yesterday, especially T.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pain

« Reply #35 on: Oct 08, 2012 at 09:03 »

When DDC comes back, fat fucking Willie "Impacted" Colon gotta go.  That guy sucks.  Fuck, we should put Legursky in there.  Of course, it was a road game so you can understand all his fucking false starts.

Timmons comes alive, finally.  Now we just need an ILB to play next to him; yes, our "best" defensive player Larold Foote looked that silly one on one against Shady for the open field tackle touchdown.  Worilds is actually showing some ability to rush the passer.  Woodley, don't get too fat or complacent. 

Not sure which irks me more, the drops or the uncalled DPIs.  Both, I guess. 

Good to see Mendy run without hesitation.  Practice some fucking ball security tho, son.

Couple of other notes:  anyone notice that DL actually inserted Steve McClendon and Cam Heyward in a bit more?  And that they got penetration that Casey seemed to lack?  I'd add Keisel but he had an a'ight day. 

Much as I think Mundy sucks, he couldn't avoid the helmet contact on that (clean) hit.

Both of those Personal Foul calls were bullshit, IMHO.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Oct 08, 2012 at 11:20 »

I heard it said that Woodley and Butler got into it on the sideline yesterday.  Anyone else see this?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Oct 08, 2012 at 12:02 »

I heard it said that Woodley and Butler got into it on the sideline yesterday.  Anyone else see this?

Didn't see anything from Woodman...before or after the injury.  His absence seemed like an afterthought to Aikman and whoever it was that was doing play-by-play, "Steelers lost Troy...and Woodley with a hamstring..."

No additional detail.  No shots of him on the sideline.  There were at least two of Polamalu after his injury. 

dontknow

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Oct 08, 2012 at 17:36 »

Didn't see that either.  Maybe Butler was gently reminding Mr. Woodley that his fat ass came into camp in shitty condition yet again the best shape of his life, yet, inexplicably, he's not been the pass-rushing terror we would expect of him.  Harrison, in one game back, applied as much pressure as Woodley did in the previous 3.  FFS, Jason fucking WORILDS did as much as Woodley did in the previous 3.  I like Wood, but hate his 6-week vacations in the beginning of the season. 

Perhaps, reminded of this, Mr. Woodley deferred to Coach Butler with a polite Point taken, good sir!

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Oct 08, 2012 at 18:07 »

Oh, and after the preseason, I was really excited to see how we'd use Rainey.  What has he done, exactly?  Besides nothing?  I know, cut the rookie some slack.  But he's this explosive super-stah and all.

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: