Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 03:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 6 - Oct 11 @ Tennessee  (Read 2803 times)
Robotman
Administrator
No longer a N00b!

« on: Sep 11, 2012 at 09:33 »

Steelers came to drink moonshine and kick ass.  And they're all outta moonshine.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 07:10 »

Mendenhall Fumble Pool

Make your pick.
Pain

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 20:33 »

So far, this is not going well. Finally a big play to Wallace, but what else? Nada thus far. I can't help but think how nicely Hines would fit into this offense, or perhaps more accurately, how much we could use him in this offense. Also, left wondering if we lose to the fucking Titans, how long before Haley turns into the bad guy with the fans and players, both.
Pain

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 21:06 »

Ugh. INT on our final drive to produce before halftime.

Titans are driving with 22 seconds left.
Pain

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 21:10 »

Titans hang 3 more on the board before the half. 10 - 16, them.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 21:13 »

I inadvertently turned the VP debate on when I switched rooms and have found it more interesting than the Steelers game. Pretty sure Roger Goodell has almost completely killed my interest in the NFL, as I just simply don't enjoy watching any games anymore. The Steelers being pedestrian doesn't help either.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 21:14 »

The highlight looks like it's going to be BR passing TB.
A loss on Thursday feels about the same as a loss going into a bye.
Bengals will be looking to bury us if the Titans hold on tonight.
Pain

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 21:17 »

I just realized that Cleveland's offense has scored more points than ours has this season, coming into this game...Whaaaaaaat?
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012 at 21:34 by Pain » Logged
Pain

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 22:14 »

Holy SHIT! Timmons with a INT....
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 22:33 »

Ike Taylor has been as bad this year as he was good last year.  And an effing moron at that. Be content to make a tackle for a 3 yard gain on 3rd and 10 you fucking pea-brain fuck.
Pain

« Reply #10 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 22:56 »

Unbelievable...Giving the Titans their second win of the season. How disgusting.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 22:57 »

One of the worst calls MT has ever made. No way should Suisam should have been allowed to try from 54 yards. No fucking way.

The defense continues to give up 4th quarter leads. They are just average.

This year doesn't look good. Can easily see 8-8 or 9-7 and 3rd place in the North.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #12 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 22:58 »

Ben and Tomlin: the "alert alert" audible is obviously a fucking run.  I have figured that out from my couch and I am not that smart.  Surely the defense is on to it, and while it is just one of the many things that cost you the game, a direct consequence of the 3 yard loss on that run play was a 54 yard field goal attempt; one that came up 2 yards short.
Pain

« Reply #13 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 23:16 »

Ben and Tomlin: the "alert alert" audible is obviously a fucking run.  I have figured that out from my couch and I am not that smart.  Surely the defense is on to it, and while it is just one of the many things that cost you the game, a direct consequence of the 3 yard loss on that run play was a 54 yard field goal attempt; one that came up 2 yards short.

This...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 06:14 »

I feel like I'm watching the same bad movie over and over.  Play a crappy team, come out unmotivated and struggle early offensively and defensively.  Defense starts to play well, offense starts making plays, climb back into it, take a lead...only to have the D lose their balls and immediately give up a tying/winning score.

Of course it didn't help that half our roster was in sweatpants by the time the game was over.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 06:50 »

I don't give a shit about injuries, this team is done.  Hey Tomlin, here's a fucking suggestion... why don't you unleash fucking HELL?  Seriously, 8-8, 6-10, what's it fucking matter?  Season's over, team is done, see you next year.  Hope we have some new faces.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 07:22 »

No way should Suisam should have been allowed to try from 54 yards. No fucking way.

Agreed, but Tomlin has made this move plenty of times before.

I wasn't too confident at 52 yards, but you still have a 4 point cushion if missed.

The defense is terrible, by Steelers standards.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 07:52 »

Judging by the comments and after looking at the box score, glad I missed it.  Will delete from the DVR without viewing.  So, they shut 'em out for most of the second half then give up 10 pts late in the 4th to lose.

Sounds all too familiar.  The rest of the season should be spent getting the roster in order as much as possible.  Is there somebody in the secondary on the roster, going forward?  Let's face it, Troy is done.  Ike is infuriating.  Time to go young.  Is the light finally going on for Timmons?  Did Worilds pick up where he left off last week? Are the recent DL picks panning out?  Man, that defense needs work. 

Basically, if they're gonna suck, they should at least evaluate youth the rest of the way.  Yeah, I know that'll never happen.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 07:58 »

And after further box score review, it is obvious that game management is shitty as ever.   AS EVER.  Looks like it cost them this game.  So, the Titans score a TD with 46 seconds remaining in the half then get the ball back in time to drive for a FG!?  WTFF?  

The Steelers are not a good football team and their coach does not make them better.  Sorry, Mike.  Style over substance doesn't get er done.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2012 at 08:27 by jonzr » Logged

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #19 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 09:49 »

No way should Suisam should have been allowed to try from 54 yards. No fucking way.

Agreed, but Tomlin has made this move plenty of times before.

I wasn't too confident at 52 yards, but you still have a 4 point cushion if missed.

The defense is terrible, by Steelers standards.

Shit, Tomlin acted like last week's GWFGA was a chip shot against Philly. He got lucky that Suisham hit it, but damn, they dicked around with the ball instead of trying to advance it and left Suisham with a moderately long FGA in the open end of the stadium on a wet field.

They need to buy Tomlin out and move on. Totally failed experiment (and don't want to hear about the SB win and appearance; it's becoming increasingly obvious that the team accomplished those things in spite - not because - of him).

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #20 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 10:17 »

What!?  Redman caught 4 passes for 105?  Damn.  What was it, screen passes on a series of 3rd and 42s?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 11:19 »

FUCK.

Long winded response deleted because "warning:  posts made since you started typing" error message and I accidentally clicked a link on that page.

FUCK.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: