Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 19:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 7 - Oct 21 @ Cincinnati  (Read 6009 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #70 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 07:52 »

Good god, does every thread on this board have to be about someone's TV?

Penso's just mad 'cuz he still hasn't seen a Stillers game in color.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #71 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 09:02 »

How about Wet Willie Colon last night?  He was in beast mode!  And no penalties that I recall.  Hopefully he's settling in at LG.  Any reports on Adams at RT?  Seemed liike he was getting lots of help from Miller, but I don't recall anything horrific.  I think the run game really helped make the offense click.  It's been missing for so fucking long, good to see them stick with it for 29 attempts.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #72 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 09:36 »

I just don't understand how Tonio Brown has 1 TD on the season. He appears to be Ben's primary option until we cross midfield or the opponents 40 and then he just disappears.

For the love of God, knock off that fuckin' ball drop shit.  Drives me bananas.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #73 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 09:39 »

Rainey runs it in after Collingsworth says the Bengals are daring the Steelers to run it.

Gotta say though, Collinsworth has been very objective with Pittsburgh the last few times they've been on SNF.  Thought he was gonna run down on the field and hump Colon's leg last night.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #74 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 10:40 »

How about Wet Willie Colon last night?  He was in beast mode!  And no penalties that I recall.  Hopefully he's settling in at LG.  Any reports on Adams at RT?  Seemed liike he was getting lots of help from Miller, but I don't recall anything horrific.  I think the run game really helped make the offense click.  It's been missing for so fucking long, good to see them stick with it for 29 attempts.

Line played decent.  Had their moments, but overall, a good group performance.  Adams still looks overwhelmed.  Hopefully that changes the more reps he gets.

I thought the playcalling was excellent.  At several points I caught myself being surprised with a playcall.  Lack of predictability is always key.  That shotgun draw call on 3rd and 4 or 6...is an excellent example.  Nice, hard running by Dwyer.  Was surprised to see Rainey taking as many handoffs as he did.  Judging by how little he was touched on that TD run, it seemed like Cincy was too.  You'd think that Haley would try to get him the ball in open space and let him use his speed.  I was waiting for a PAP dumpoff in the flat to him or maybe a RB screen.  Batch has gotta make that catch.  Game changing play.

The WR/TE were hot and cold.  Heath was a monster per usual and Brown/Sanders made some nice grabs, but to say that Wallace's performance was frustrating is a major understatement.  Dude looks incredibly tentative out there; almost like he's playing not to get hurt.  Don't bother sending him over the middle, just go deep.  If they're lucky, maybe he takes a safety with him.  That should open things up for the guys that want to, you know, actually make a play and catch a ball.  Woodley can catch a tipped pass that bounces off someone's back, but Wallace can't catch a wide open deflected one?

Nice to see ***kie make in game adjustments.  Still think it's weird to see #92 dropping into coverage so much, but who am I to criticize.  I'm sure opposing offenses appreciate it.  Overall, especially with injuries, this group is pretty suspect.  Very similar to the Ravens situation, but a little better.  Backup talent is really lacking.  I guess it shouldn't be too surprising because that's why they're backups...still, it would be nice to have a guy step in for somebody and just totally surprise.  Feels like it's been awhile since that's happened.

This team is certainly flawed, especially on the defensive side.  As long as they've got #7 though, they're in every game.  Their weaknesses will make every game a test; no layups on the schedule.  I could see them gettin' a little hot and finishing 10-6 just as easily as they could go 8-8 or 7-9.

The next two are a coupla NFCE opponents in Washington and the Gints, respectively.  Skins will present some problems with RGIII and Morris.  Their speed is going to definitely be an issue.  Not groundbreaking news here, but they've gotta do what they can to force Griffin to make decisions and beat them with his arm.  He made several All World defenders on the Giants look silly and slow yesterday.  I shudder to think what he's going to be able to do to Pittsburgh's front seven that is fielding guys (e.g. Woodley and Harrison) that are definitely less than 100%.  Team speed is not this group's strength at all.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #75 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 14:48 »

I thought the playcalling was excellent.

How long does Haley stay with the Steelers? Could actually see getting another 6 or 7 years out of Ben, with this offense.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #76 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 16:59 »

I thought the playcalling was excellent.

How long does Haley stay with the Steelers? Could actually see getting another 6 or 7 years out of Ben, with this offense.

I think he's toxic as an RCHC candidate, at least for another couple years.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: