Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 09:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 11 - Nov 18 - Baltimore  (Read 4928 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Nov 18, 2012 at 23:19 »

I've been Mendenhall's loudest supporter, but I've been to a prom or two, and even I know, sooner or later you got to choose.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 08:43 »

Soon to be 0.500.  And playoff bound.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 09:40 »

Seriously, how could Tomlin not see the issues BL and RM were having and make the switch to CB and JD?  How hard is that?  Huh? 

On another note, I'm so glad Gronkowski broke his arm because Belicunt refused to pull starters late in a blowout.  I fucking hate that fucking guy beyond all words.  I hope they do that same shit again and Beardy just... DIES.  Somebody jams his nose bone back into his brain.  Sure we'd have to suffer endless ESPN and other media tributes to the greatness that was, Goodell would make the league even more pussy-whipped, but the larger point would be that Brady would be DEAD and we would all get to watch it on TV.  And then they could have a presser and ask Belichimp WTF he was thinking keeping Brady in late in the 4Q with a 50 point lead and he could do his famous mumbledy-grumble:  "Dunno... [shrugs]... gotta play to... [blinks]... we're there to win, not to lose... [shrugs]... if I had thought there was a chance of something happening...  [shifts weight]... the game is what it is..."  HA HA, Belichunk, you KILLED your girl Brady, fucking assweasel!!!

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 09:55 »

I expected better from BFL, but it was pretty obvious he got hurt from that violent EZ contact. I don't expect much from Mendenhall anymore, either. I was just glad he didn't fumble. Keeping them both in...that's on Tomlin.

But Mr. Holdout...I expect something from him. Like holding onto the ball, maybe diving for the odd ball and getting the feet in.

Just need to hope we get the #5 or #6 spot with Ben healthy.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #54 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 11:09 »

Agreed, Otis.  And maybe by the WC round, Troy's "calf" will be healed.  And AB will be back.  We'll see. 

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #55 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 11:38 »

But Mr. Holdout...I expect something from him. Like holding onto the ball, maybe diving for the odd ball and getting the feet in.

Good riddance to that douche, let him go to the NYJ and play with Sanchez and Stony.  HA!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 12:17 »

I can't believe Mendenhall had even fitty yards.  I woulda guessed about 22.

If Wallace pulls his head out, and seems worth re-singing, we will get him el cheapo.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #57 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 12:20 »

It's a good thing Wallace was studying the playbook so hard during his holdout.  Dude didn't even skip a beat.  Unbelievable weapon.

We need to bench Dwyer.  That fool showed me nuttin'!

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #58 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 13:18 »

Today's the day we find out that BFL played with a torn labia.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #59 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 15:07 »

Was horrible clock management to take that timeout at 2:04.  Gave the Ravens a free opportunity to pass because clock would stop anyway.  Should hve kept timeout in pocket.

Yeah, initially I thought it was a good move and was even calling for it myself.  After thinking about it for a minute, the thought crossed my mind that Balty could air it out without any consequences (other than a turnover) because of the 2 minute warning.  Still, the way their offense was moving the ball, I highly doubt Cameron would've had Fucko drop back and sling it.  IMO, the bigger mistake was the one made by the players that jumped offsides following a timeout to give them 3rd and 2 instead of 3rd and 7.  Where they even provoked?  I don't even remember a hard count or anything.  Seemed like they were trying to time the snap count all night.  They must've had a read or something.

Really, I thought the most notable mistakes Tomlin made were not pulling BFL for Charlie and sticking with Mendenhall.  Shard shouldn't have been doing anything but giving Dwyer breathers.

Once they got the ball on the final drive, I thought it was a huge mistake that Mendenhall didn't run OOB.  To make matters worse, they didn't spike it to stop the clock after getting the first.  Could've saved themselves 12-15 seconds, easy.

2 FG's off of TO's and a punt return... The  D played well

Agreed.  That's one of the things that has me holding out hope if #7 can make it back.  Get him back, get to the playoffs and anything can happen.  The defense has really stepped it up as the season has worn on.  Night and day compared to some of their early games.  Harrison still doesn't look like his old self, tho.  Lost a step or not yet 100%.  Hoping the latter.  Would be really nice if #43 was able to suit up too.

What a shitty ending.

On another note, the disdain Collinsworth has for Leftwich's pansyness ('really uncomfortable') is hilarious.

Thought his comment about how Lefty was obviously hurting, but Tomlin just...doesn't seem to care...was priceless.

It's official. I'm tired of Mendenhall. He gets absolutely nothing after first contact with a defender. It sucks.

Mendenhall is useless. Up on his toes, spinning, goes backwards all the time.

RM has one of his eyes on that Mirror Ball trophy.

On another note, I'm so glad Gronkowski broke his arm because Belicunt refused to pull starters late in a blowout.  I fucking hate that fucking guy beyond all words. 

Another "genius" move that goes virtually unquestioned.  Somewhere, Bernie Kosar is smiling from ear to ear.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: