Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 08:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 11 - Nov 18 - Baltimore  (Read 5581 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 15:38 »

Tomlin?  Clock issues?

Nah, couldn't happen.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #61 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 16:58 »

IIRC - they could have called a time out, after 1st down, with about 2:40 left and the 2 minute warning would have stopped the clock after 3rd down.  Then, they call TO at 2:04.  Geezus.  Are you (Tomlin) kidding me?  Why would you let 35 seconds run off the clock when your trying to get the ball back at the end of the game?

They have dozens of coaches and assistants and nobody can figure this shite out?

It likely woldn't have made any difference, but it seems very Romeo Crennel-like.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 17:22 »

Thought his comment about how Lefty was obviously hurting, but Tomlin just...doesn't seem to care...was priceless.

Maybe Batch has it in his contract that he doesn't actually have to play.  We talk all the time about competitive fire and all that, but maybe Batch is really the one that gets it.  Start a few years, get a massive signing bonus, get cut, then spend a decade making about $500k a year wearing a hat on the sidelines.  If on the rare occasion you're actually called in, get hurt within the first few plays.

Looks like BFL is trying that strategy with the end zone roll but Batch was like, "Hell no, grasshopper, I'm not going out there.  You're still learning from the master.  When you can take the clipboard from my hand..."
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: