Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 01:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 12 - Nov 25 @ Cleveland  (Read 4805 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 15:12 »

7 fumbles, 4 lost.  3 INTs.  Sick.

I blame Tomlin and Colbert for not addressing the QB depth issue via the draft.  Been sayin' for years we're old and fragile there.  No quality at S either.  Guess what.  We're old and fragile and apparently full of suck at QB.  And no quality at S besides MIA43 and 25.

Really, really, REALLY fucking sick of this whole season.  Be nice to get healthy and go on a run, but I'm basically fucking sick of this team and its recurring issues.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #21 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 15:15 »

Don't forget we also have no pass rushers, which, to me, is the bigger problem on defense than S.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 15:17 »

Don't forget we also have no pass rushers, which, to me, is the bigger problem on defense than S.

Not to worry, we've invested 2 x R1 DL picks and 1x R2 OLB recently.  Should pay returns any day now.  Rilly. 

scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #23 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 15:23 »

7 fumbles, 4 lost.  3 INTs.  Sick.

I blame Tomlin and Colbert for not addressing the QB depth issue via the draft.  Been sayin' for years we're old and fragile there.  No quality at S either.  Guess what.  We're old and fragile and apparently full of suck at QB.  And no quality at S besides MIA43 and 25.

Really, really, REALLY fucking sick of this whole season.  Be nice to get healthy and go on a run, but I'm basically fucking sick of this team and its recurring issues.

I blame the coaching staff as well. Batch should not be on an NFL roster and Tomlin should know this. And of course this contributed to what our RBs did today. The Browns d was absolutely teeing off on the runs and Batch's short check downs. I'm just surprised we didn't accrue more injuries.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #24 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 15:29 »

Our drafting of late has seen some big misses.

We drafted Mendenhall, missing on Ray Rice, Matt Forte, and Jamaal Charles. Granted, this is hindsight, but that's just a clear case of a big whiff. I think it's a case where we fell in love with the guy with the best physique and passed on guys from smaller programs (except for Charles) but more productivity in college. Mendenhall looks like a tank, but he sucks. I think he's also in the wrong offense. He would probably churn out 1500 a year in a Shanahan-type, one-cut system. But whatever, I digress.

We whiffed badly on Mendenhall when other excellent backs were on the table. Hell, Tashard Choice, also picked that year, is a better back. Can you imagine pairing Ben with a Forte, A Charles, or a fucking Ray Rice?

Still, picking Mendy looks like picking Tom Brady in round 6 compared to our whiff on Limas Sweed. Some whiffs are gonna happen, and missing on Sweed led us to draft Wallace, Brown, and Sanders, and those were all good-to-great picks considering where they were selected.

I won't complain too much about Hood and Heyward specifically, as we did need 3-4 ends, but I will complain about the principle of spending 1st-round picks on 3-4 DEs. Good 3-4 ends can be found later, and a good 3-4 end seems to depend more on toughness and character than on talent, in my view.

As for OLB, I'm surprised at our uncharacteristically poor performance developing talent there. We've usually been rock solid at this, and it kind of stuns me that Worldis is probably not long for this league. But yeah, we need to address this position pretty quick, ad James Harrison's games are numbered and Woodley is increasingly becoming invisible, too.

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 18:53 »

We whiffed badly on Mendenhall when other excellent backs were on the table

As as matter of policy I would never draft a RB in round 1.  Too much risk, shelf life too short, and I think that's one of the easier positions to fill with young and hungry guys if you build a top tier O line.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 19:27 »

We whiffed badly on Mendenhall when other excellent backs were on the table

As as matter of policy I would never draft a RB in round 1.  Too much risk, shelf life too short, and I think that's one of the easier positions to fill with young and hungry guys if you build a top tier O line.

Yeah, unless it's AP or suchlike talent.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 19:36 »

I honestly thought we had a chance to win with BFL last week and was confident that Batch could dial in a win today. Clearly, we have no real backup QB anymore.

Mendenhall...I'd rather not see him on the field again this year.

Wallace...won't miss him either. That flag Plax got in the EZ would never have been thrown for #17, because he quits on any ball that is not on the money.

Not that he caused any of the offense's TOs, but Jesus Ike...just catch that shit and take the pick six.
Pain

« Reply #28 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 21:38 »

Not that he caused any of the offense's TOs, but Jesus Ike...just catch that shit and take the pick six.

This fucking drives me nuts...why can't dude catch a fucking ball?
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 10:17 »

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: