Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 19:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 12 - Nov 25 @ Cleveland  (Read 5280 times)
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #30 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 10:49 »

Wallace...won't miss him either. That flag Plax got in the EZ would never have been thrown for #17, because he quits on any ball that is not on the money.

Wallace sucks, can't believe he wanted the big $$, he does nothing to deserve that. Boot him out at the end of the season.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 11:05 »

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/holmgren-goes-out-a-winner-663666/

Parade is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 13:25 »

It's like this win was his whole reason for living.  He's been pissing blood since the XL loss, and as a coach/GM versus the Steelers since he's been 0-5 by a combined 117-31. 

Yay for you, fuckhead.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 16:37 »

Offensive gameplan was the worst I've seen all year.  Don't know whose bright idea it was to try to run/run/pass/punt our way through this one early on.  Guess the recent success of the ground game led them to mistakenly believe that they can just line up and run it at will. 

Starting an elderly, but capable QB, you'd think they would do everything they could to help him out.  That basically boils down to keeping him out of obvious passing situations.  Passing on 1st?  Shotgun to give him an extra second to avoid rush?  PAP?  Batch can make the throws, but not when the defense knows it's coming.  Defense was practically wired into the huddle.  By the time they got around to doing a little of that, it was too late.  Miller could've had 15 receptions yesterday.  And even when they had a little success, whoever was carrying it couldn't gack it up fast enough.  Somebody needs to check the ball bin.  Pretty sure that a Cleveland ball boy slathered the inside of it with lube.

Mendenhall.  Yeah, whatever.  Redman and Dwyer are obviously taking their approach to ball security from #34.  I give a pass to Rainey cuz he got "Jacked UP!"  Wallace.  An absolute joke.  Make an effort to catch the rock, FFS.  If he made a play on two balls, he's likely getting a PI call against the defender.  Unfortunately, this isn't anything new.  As Oat mentioned, if the ball isn't served up on a silver platter to him, he acts as if it's been dipped in a bowl of week old vomit.  GL in FA, pussfag.

Defense was stellar, but I'd still like to see a better push from the front and a more consistent, in-yo-face pass rush wouldn't hurt either.  Harrison is several steps slow; average OTs are neutralizing him single handed.  Hood manages a 50" vert during his workouts, but can't seem to get to the QB unless a fat assed O-lineman misses his assignment or trips over his own feet.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 17:57 »

Again, glad in a way it wasn't showed here (some shit movie; NFL rules), but got the gist just by seeing the D&D updates on 212 as I perused the Sunday.  Plenty of cursing, fleshed out the narrative from various accounts online and post-game, radio.  As someone on the latter commented, almost as though they expect to don the B&G and be handed the win. 

Too bad we don't practice ball security.  Not that (Oakland) this was an issue, even in-season.  The Wheel-O'-RBs approach, sheer brilliance.  No gets more from less less from more than MT, as another poster elsewhere noted.  Adjustments are glacial, season-long, which might mean end of season will be some fucking kismet of brilliance and health.  I'll wait to hold my breath.

Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #35 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 08:49 »

Dwyer and Redman are one-dimensional, between-the-tackles runners, and that's gonna catch up to them eventually, when they are the only options. I think Redman's NFL career is just about over. I truly expected he was going to claim the RB job this year, pound out 1300 yards, and run Mendy out of town. But I think we've learned about his ceiling this season.

Dwyer is a good back, but I don't think he'll ever be #1 material. Maybe 1A. Pair him with a guy who can get outside, and he could be a good 12-carry-per-game back.

Mendenhall should be given the boot. Wouldn't bother me if they cut him now, honestly.

Rainey should get another year to see if he can develop into a 3rd-down back, but I don't think he's the guy to pair with Rainey.

Wallace has alligator arms and is, basically, a pussy. I hesitate to call any NFL player a wimp, but he collapses under the threat of contact more than any other player in the league, far as I can tell. Hell, our kicker showed more toughness on the fake FG attempt in NY than Wallace has shown on any play over the last two years. He's gone after this year.

Bottom line: our skill position talent is thin and needs some new talent.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 09:54 »

Pretty much agree with your last couple of posts, Manimal.  Totally agree, actually.

I loved the Mendenhall pick at the time, saw great upside with the guy.  Four years later and he's still upside, while the Ray Rices of the league are kicking out the jams.  Well, fuck, sometimes you lose.   Dwyer would make a nice 1a, and Rainey a COP/KR guy, but I think we go back to the well.  Not interested in going R1 again though, just don't see an AP/can't miss kind of back.  Not even a Trent Richardson kinda back.  A few interesting runners, but value is a must.

Wallace showed me a lot this season.  Lot of nothing.  Some team will be glad to overspend on him.  Willing to getcomp value for him and Mendy.

Bottom line:  our skill position talent is thin and needs some fresh blood AND our D-side talent is thin and old.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 11:53 »

Wallace has alligator arms and is, basically, a pussy. I hesitate to call any NFL player a wimp, but he collapses under the threat of contact more than any other player in the league, far as I can tell. Hell, our kicker showed more toughness on the fake FG attempt in NY than Wallace has shown on any play over the last two years. He's gone after this year.

Compared to Wallace, Deion Sanders was tough as nails.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 12:13 »

Dwyer would make a nice 1a, and Rainey a COP/KR guy, but I think we go back to the well.  Not interested in going R1 again though, just don't see an AP/can't miss kind of back. 

Had my eye on Marcus Lattimore, but, uh, his career is kind of over now.

I think Ray Graham could be good value in late round 2; be interested to see how Montee Ball is valued, though the stench of Ron Dayne may be there.  It is a meh year for RB's. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 18:13 »

Had my eye on Marcus Lattimore, but, uh, his career is kind of over now.

If he came out this year might be worth a late rounder just to put him on IR and see if he has a McGahee type recovery in a couple years.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: