Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 15:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 13 - Dec 2 @ Baltimore  (Read 5947 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2012 at 09:08 »

PARKOUR WITH THE FUBMLE AND BARN LEFTICH LEAFS WITH INJUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!

BOOK IT@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2012 at 10:19 »

Gotta feeling that #7 will start.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2012 at 10:45 »

Hate to agree with penso here, but Miller is due for a brain fart.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2012 at 10:00 »

We'll know how desperate Tomlin is feeling if he does.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2012 at 11:12 »

We'll know how desperate Tomlin is feeling if he does.

Sounds like you might be right: (Per Trib)

“Right now, Charlie Batch is our quarterback,” Tomlin said on a busy day of news in which two players — Mike Wallace and Rashard Mendenhall — were demoted for their below-Tomlin’s-line performances. “We are working offensively to put together a game plan that complements his strengths.”

Right now, those strengths don’t include making deep throws downfield, something Batch appeared to be incapable of doing effectively in Cleveland. But while Roethlisberger can be the quickest of healers, returning so soon from such significant injuries might be too much to ask even of a player who has played in pain numerous times.

To change Tomlin’s mind, Roethlisberger probably needs to show during practice Wednesday and Thursday that he has enough arm strength to make any required throw and doesn’t have any discernible pain.

“It’s more than just what comes out of his mouth,” said Tomlin, who knows all about Roethlisberger’s proven ability to lobby his way back into the lineup. “There’s also how they say it and what it is that we see. And what it is that we see (is) probably the chief element in terms of decision-making.”

Still, Tomlin hasn’t completely ruled out the possibility that Roethlisberger might play, saying, “We will leave the door open for him.”

This game will be big test of Haley's ability to put together a gameplan that doesn't lean heavily on a star QB.  Only shot is to keep them off balance and on their heels.

Ravens are fortunate to have faced Pittsburgh twice without #7.  IMO, Pittsburgh's also fortunate to face Balty's defense under those circumstances in what I would consider a down year for them on that side of the ball.

Today: (Per Trib)

Roethlisberger’s limited practice participation Wednesday suggests his dislocated rib and shoulder-related sternoclavicular joint injuries haven’t healed enough for him to play. Roethlisberger’s light throwing ended even before some players reached the practice field.

Too many teammates have watched Roethlisberger pull off too many unexpected comebacks — such as the one he made late last season in San Francisco on a badly swollen ankle — to rule him out at mid-week. But this might be too much, too soon to ask of even him.

Roethlisberger, who also was seen at the Steelers’ practice complex with his right knee wrapped, is expected to test himself again Thursday. If he can’t throw a lot longer and a lot harder, there is almost no chance he can play this week.

“I wasn’t out there when he was throwing, but if there’s any possibility he can play … he knows his body better than anybody,” left tackle Max Starks said. “I don’t know his health situation, but if he is healthy enough to play, I wouldn’t see any reason why he wouldn’t.”

If Roethlisberger were close to being ready, he almost certainly would have taken snaps with the starters. Instead, Charlie Batch ran the first-team offense, a day after coach Mike Tomlin said he is being prepared to make a second successive start.

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2012 at 11:16 by aj_law » Logged

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2012 at 12:15 »

On some other site, someone calculated the velocity of Charlie's long duck to(wards) Wallace and came up with 31 MPH.  Then went and did the same on similar long throws by Ben and Lefty, ~40-41 for both guys.

That's a pretty substantial dropoff. 

If I'm Tomlin, I'm getting Hoyer some decent rep time.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2012 at 12:26 »

If I'm Tomlin, I'm getting Hoyer some decent rep time.

Brian "No Photo Available" Hoyer will surely end up in there at some point. Break out your old Jeff Reed jerseys!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2012 at 13:58 »

Don't remember where I read it, but the article claimed that Tomlin had Hoyer listed as the #3 emergency QB.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Nov 29, 2012 at 14:36 »

Meh, still think he's gonna pull a Willis Reed at the last minute.  Steeler fans in attendance go nuts.  He leads them to victory.  Ravens are devastated.  It begins Baltimore's slide and they end up losing out to finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.  Harbaugh's head asplodes in disbelief.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2012 at 08:13 »

I am buying into this only for the possibility of watching Harbaugh's head explode.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: