Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 01:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 13 - Dec 2 @ Baltimore  (Read 5559 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 10:15 »

Compared to last week's poor gameplan, Haley did an excellent job at putting Batch in position to succeed against the Ratties.  3rd and longs were nowhere near as common; throwing on 1st; etc.  Batch did still make some poor throws, but man, he stepped up when the game was on the line.  Charlie can still ball.  Didn't hurt that he got a playmaker back in #84 because they were a little lacking in that area.  #17 is tits on a bull.  Offensive line seemed to kick it up a few notches too.

Seeing The Wig back on the defensive side was nice.  Don't think he's 100% or was incredibly effective, but that dude is in Flacco's head.  Anytime he's around the LOS presnap, Fucko turns into a bobblehead.  The secondary did a good job of defending the Ravens' "chuck it deep and hope for a PI call" offensive gameplan.  Lewis et al showed some good, ah...ball awareness.  Did Rice even touch the ball again after his TD run?  Stellar stuff by Harbaugh and Cameron.

Well played, boys.  After giving some away, they stole one where no one expected them to even be competitive.  They just need to keep getting healthy and finding ways to win.  IDGAF what their record is, if they're relatively healthy by the time the tournament starts, NOBODY wants to play them.

I hate the 'defenseless receiver' rule, but why didn't that hit on Sanders? qualify?

And no flag on the head shot to Charlie which was twice as bad as the one they called a little later.

It's really maddening.  They might as well just have a Wheel of Officiating, and make it completely random.  Couldn't be any worse.

I know, right?  Wish they'd just end this labor dispute already...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #61 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 12:38 »

Don't know why everyone is giving the Ravens this division, btw. Their last four games are against competitive teams, and nothing they've done the last few weeks looks impressive to me. Their defense is terrible, Flacco is clearly just an average QB, and they got to 9-3 by beating bad teams.

A Steelers team with a healthy Ben would have beaten them comfortably twice. In between that, the Ravens should have lost to San Diego but got a generous spot on a 4th-and-26 conversion. They play Washington, the Giants, Denver, and Cincy during the last four weeks. They could easily go 2-2 or 1-3, and I think 0-4 is not out of the question.

Now, no way do i think the Steelers are consistent enough to finish 11-5, but I think it's more likely the Steelers finish 11-5 than the Ravens do.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 12:53 »

Don't know why everyone is giving the Ravens this division, btw. Their last four games are against competitive teams, and nothing they've done the last few weeks looks impressive to me. Their defense is terrible, Flacco is clearly just an average QB, and they got to 9-3 by beating bad teams.

A Steelers team with a healthy Ben would have beaten them comfortably twice. In between that, the Ravens should have lost to San Diego but got a generous spot on a 4th-and-26 conversion. They play Washington, the Giants, Denver, and Cincy during the last four weeks. They could easily go 2-2 or 1-3, and I think 0-4 is not out of the question.

Now, no way do i think the Steelers are consistent enough to finish 11-5, but I think it's more likely the Steelers finish 11-5 than the Ravens do.

I'm with ya brother!

Then again, I've been claiming Baltimore isn't that good all year and they've somehow managed to get to 9-3.

9-3 is...9-3.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 15:00 »

I agree about Balty not being that good, but they haven't lost to all the crap teams the Steelers lose to.  I think there is a tendency to think Steelers would win just because of Ben, but Steelers were tied with KC, in the 2nd half, when Ben got hurt. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: