Week 15 - Dec 16 @ Dallas

(1/7) > >>

Robotman:
The late game in Dallas.  This is generally a good time to play the 'boys, their December swoon.  But if that's not happening, could be a tough one.

Finnegans Wake:
First, I thought that the Ravens win signaled the beginning of the Steelers getting healthy and building momentum: go 3 of 4, get a WC.

Then we lose to SD.  OK, that was ugly.  But still, win out or even go 9-7 with one of the 2 wins being against Cinci, we back in.

Dez hurts his hand.  Steelers should come out pissed.  All's right, right?

Well, 'cept that Ike injury.  I'll give Allen and Brown a bad game, and hope they can bring their play "above the line" the next time out.  But then I hear that Allen and Lewis both have hip flexors, Allen prolly won't play, and that means substantial playing time for Josh Victorian and Dick van Dyke.

So all Romo has to do is spread the ball around and pick on JV and DvD and we're screwed.  Same with the Bengals.

I think we lose this, and may even be lucky to scrape to 8-8.

Prove me wrong, boys.

aj_law:
Quote from: Finnegans Wake on Dec 12, 2012 at 08:49

Well, 'cept that Ike injury.  I'll give Allen and Brown a bad game, and hope they can bring their play "above the line" the next time out.  But then I hear that Allen and Lewis both have hip flexors, Allen prolly won't play, and that means substantial playing time for Josh Victorian and Dick van Dyke.

So all Romo has to do is spread the ball around and pick on JV and DvD and we're screwed.  Same with the Bengals.

I think we lose this, and may even be lucky to scrape to 8-8.

Prove me wrong, boys.

Hate to put my eggs in that basket, but didn't the Raiders just release Ron Bartell?

At least he's experienced and is "starter quality."

jonzr:
One thing in the Steelers' favor is they're coming off a loss and the wildly inconsistent 'Boys are coming off a win.  That and the 'Boys have been awful in Dec the last few years. 

Here's to a 31-19 Steelers win!  Yay!  Let's screw up that mid-round pick!

Finnegans Wake:
Keenan practiced yesterday, Cortez did not.

Looks like Brown and the other guys (DVD, Victorian) will have to get 'er done.   Line up Lewis in man on Bryant, Brown w/ help on Austin, keep Troy near Witten, and get the fuck to Romo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page