Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 11:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week #2 picks  (Read 414 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 13, 2012 at 13:26 »

Season Record = 0-5-0
Last Week = 0-5-0

Fucking embarrassing start.  How do you put up a doughnut in Week 1?  Seriously.  0-5.  That's almost as hard to do as 5-0.  Even a fucking octopus would pick a winner or two.  Whatever.  I'm just spotting the rest of the Pick 'Em league some wins to make it interesting.  I'll spare people some pain by keeping the writeups as short as possible.

Packers (-5) vs. Bears - Contrarian pick.  After last week's game, everything screams take Chicago and the points.  Even on the road, you expect this divisional rivalry game to be close.  Vegas is daring you to take Chicago so I'm going with the Pack at home.  Don't see Rodgers letting them fall to 0-2.

Steelers (-4.5.) vs. Jets - Another contrarian pick.  See writeup of Pack/Bears above except that it isn't a divisional game.

Eagles (-2.5) vs. Ravens - Everybody's got the Ravens penciled in for the Super Bowl with Flacco as the 2012 version of last year's Eli Manning.  Not so fast.  Despite all the fellating, Vegas still has them as a dog against an Eagles team that seems to find creative, new ways to shit the bed each week.  Yeah, that sound you hear is John Q. Public loading up on the Ravens.  That's why I'm takin' the Eagles and giving the 2.5.  Let's see how Flacco fares on the road against a team with a pretty good secondary.

Cowboys @ Seahawks (+3.5) - Why is this number not bigger?  Because it's Dallas' second road game and playing in Canada is a PITA for the rest of the league.  Like Seattle getting the points on their turf.

Atlanta (-3) vs. Denver - Matt Ryan's record at home is stupid.  Any number that's a FG or less is the bet here.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2012 at 18:38 »

So totally fucked.  I'm 4/5 with these.  Shit.    Shocked

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: