Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 14:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting where I have no right to post...  (Read 2054 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Sep 23, 2012 at 19:14 »

This is the first time that I've had the chance to watch the Steelers from start to finish. Oh, wait...no, I had to watch the end of the damn Saints-Chiefs and Dolphins-Jets because of the bullcrap NFL overtime rules.

Nevertheless...

The Steeler defense this season is friggin' embarrassing. I don't want to hear jack squat about injuries. We haven't done anything to prepare for the loss of Troy, Harrison, or Smith. They are running around like a bunch of idiots out there, with no pass rush and no ability to cover. Ike Taylor is serviceable, but Lewis is mediocre at best. Yes, yes, new NFL rules, etc...but the Steelers are not even at a reasonable coverage level.

I never thought Big Ben was the sharpest tool in the shed; but, right now, he looks like the smartest player on this team. All that speed and talent at WR isn't worth a crap if they can't hang on to the damn ball. Antonio Brown, learn to fall forward and go down instead of tossing the ball to the other team.

1-2 looks like shit right now, since we lost to a mediocre Broncos team and a garbage Raiders team. Long road to the playoffs, if it's even possible. It's a friggin shame that a QB like Ben has to waste away behind a crap offensive line (largely due to injury) and a shit-for-brains defense that can't seem to get there junk together.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2012 at 19:42 »

The Steeler defense this season is friggin' embarrassing.

This.

When you get excited about holding the Raiders to a 5 yard rush...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2012 at 20:18 »

Seriously, they have looked absolutely lost since that game in Denver last season.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2012 at 22:14 »

The defense is inept.  The offense was great, controlled the clock, etc. even with 49  passing attempts.  But despite the sucky defense, no TOs and they win going away.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 08:09 »

It's still early to draw this kind of conclusion, but there is something missing from this group vs. the '08 and '10 seasons. There was a resiliency to those teams, an edge that this group doesn't quite have.

Perhaps it's the product of turnover in leadership (Hines, Harrison, Troy). They are gone or aging, and the new guys haven't quite taken over yet.

Can't exactly put a finger on it, but the fellas just seem to be missing the ever-elusive and undefined "IT" factor so far this season. Better find it quick or it's going to be a long year.

Also disappointed in the running game (per usual), but kind of expected that with the Oline problems and injuries.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 09:02 »

Oh, it's gonna be a long year.  2 games back from the Ravens and Bungles?  Looooooong year ahead.  Hopefully they can protect the home turf and manage the odd road win.  Otherwise ....

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 09:54 »

Sweet rant post.  Don't really get the title, tho.

I thought this one would be close, but I fully expected them to get the "W" via some late game heroics from #7.  Really didn't expect them to give it away.

The Steeler defense this season is friggin' embarrassing.

This.

Yeah, but is it scheme...or personnel...or execution...or...coac hing?  Haven't heard anyone criticize ****ie yet.  Truth be told, it's probably a combination of all the above.

Welcome to the NFL where parity [really] reigns supreme and defense is very much an afterthought.

Week 4 bye?  Perfect timing.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Ytownsteelfan

« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 18:35 »

Not that I am happy about the loses, but we did end up with a crappy start to our schedule.  First game in Denver, then back home, then all the way back out to Oakland.  From a travel standpoint, 2 of our first 3 games are way out west.  Look at Denver vs Houston this week.  Denver put up 25 on Houston's supposedly elite defense.  14 of those points were in the 4th quarter.  You would assume it was because Houston was not used to the altitude and tired late in the game.  Denver put up 24 of its total points on us in the second half.  Travelling west into Denver is a tough, tough game.  Oakland lost to San Diego, really no major travelling involved and then they went to Miami and laid an egg.  We never do well travelling west.  Not saying the defense doesn't need to step up and make fucking stops, but our 2 first road games just happened to be the fucking other side of the world.  Out of our 6 remaining road games, the furthest we travel is Dallas.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 07:48 »

I like your optimism.  And with a bye in there to get some players healthy, perhaps the ship will right itself.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 08:26 »

I think ytown is right, and I think what he is trying to say is that the Steeler players, and some coaches, should spend time during the off season mountain biking in Colorado.  I noticed on Sunday that Tomlin is growing some jugs.  Eeeeeek.  
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2012 at 09:43 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: